New York Knicks vs. Denver Nuggets Free NBA Pick
- Updated: March 13, 2013
Date/Time: Wednesday, March 13, 10:30 p.m. (ET)
Television: NBA TV
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Denver -8
NBA Betting Trends
New York Knicks
- New York is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- New York is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New York’s last 5 games on the road
- New York is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Denver
- New York is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games when playing Denver
- Denver is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against New York
- Denver is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against New York
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Denver’s last 6 games when playing New York
- Denver is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing New York
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Denver’s last 6 games at home
The Knicks had climbed their way back into second place in the Eastern Conference with a 6-2 straight-up record in their last eight games, but may have taken a major step backwards in a 92-63 loss to Golden State on Monday night as 2.5-point road underdogs. They now have to stay on road for three more games starting with Wednesday night’s matchup against the hottest team in the Western Conference.
New York is 16-13 SU on the road this season but below .500 against the spread at 13-14-2. The total has stayed UNDER in their last four road games. One of the biggest concerns for this team in this contest is the health of Carmelo Anthony’s right knee. He is not listed on the injury report and expected to play, but he has not appeared to be himself lately, especially in Monday night’s rout. By his own admission, Anthony has already stated that he thinks the knee will be less than 100 percent for the rest of the season.
The Nuggets, on the other hand, have been playing at 120 percent over the past few weeks with nine straight victories including a 108-93 romp over Phoenix this past Monday night as nine-point favorites on the road. They now return home where they have gone 28-3 SU and are a highly profitable 22-9 ATS. During the nine-game run, Denver has compiled an 8-0-1 record ATS and the total has stayed UNDER in five of its last six games.
Ty Lawson leads the team in scoring with 17 points a game, but balance has been the key for the Nuggets on the offensive side of the ball this season with a total of eight players scoring at least nine points a game. Denver is ranked third in the league in both points-per-game (105.9) and rebounds (44.9) and shooting a healthy 47.9 percent from the field and 34.5 percent from three-point range.
Look for things to go from bad to worse for New York on this current four-game western swing as it is catching the Nuggets at the wrong time and in the wrong place. Anthony is not in any condition to put up a monster night against his old team and Denver is not about to let him.
Denver 106 New York 97
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013