Chicago White Sox vs NY Yankees Pick
- Updated: June 29, 2012
Starting Pitchers: Quintana (Chicago) vs. Warren (New York)
Date/Time: Friday, June 29, 7:05 P.M. EST
Television: MLB Network
MLB Odds from VietBet
Moneyline: Moneyline: Chicago +105 New York -115
MLB Betting Game Trends
Chicago White Sox
- Detroit is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Detroit’s last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Detroit’s last 6 games on the road
- Detroit is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit’s last 6 games when playing Tampa Bay
New York Yankees
- Tampa Bay is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 7 games at home
- Tampa Bay is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
- Tampa Bay is 2-9 SU in its last 11 games when playing Detroit
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games when playing Detroit
White Sox and Yankees meet in a showdown of division leaders
Chicago has won five of its last seven games following a 12-5 romp over the Minnesota Twins on Wednesday night as a 161 road favorite. The White Sox are now 40-35 on the year and 2.5 games ahead of the Cleveland Indians in the AL Central heading into Thursday’s Game 1 of this four-game series. They are just 19-21 at home this season but a healthy 21-14 on the road. The total has stayed ‘under’ in six of their last eight games.
The White Sox have been able to make the most of a roster that is ranked fifth in the AL in scoring and seventh in pitching with a 3.90 ERA. They will go with Jose Quintana as their starter for this one. The left-hander is 2-1 with a stellar 1.25 ERA in six previous starts this season. He has given-up just three earned runs in his last 27 innings.
New York ran its current winning streak to five with a 5-4 victory over Cleveland as a 185-home favorite on Wednesday night. The total stayed ‘under’ the 9.5 line and has now stayed ‘under’ in six of its last 10 games. This latest Yankee winning streak has opened a five-game lead over Baltimore in the AL East with an overall record of 46-28. They have been equally as good on the road as at home with a 23-14 record in both places.
With both CC Sabathia and Andy Pettitte on the shelf for the near future, New York has turned to its Triple-A team in Wilkes-Barre-Scranton for help. Adam Warren has been called-up to make his Major League debut on Friday night. The right-hander was 5-5 in 15 starts this season with an ERA of 3.86. Fortunately, he should be able to count on some run support from a Yankee lineup that has pounded-out 28 runs in its last five games.
Chicago has had its troubles with the Yankees in recent history with a 5-15 record in its last 20 games in New York and six-game losing streak overall. Add in the fact that the Yankees are 6-1 in the second game of their last seven series and it all adds up to a win. New York 4 Chicago 3
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013