Washington Redskins vs. New York Giants Free Pick
- Updated: October 20, 2012
Date/Time: Sunday, Oct.21 1 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from Vietbet
Point Spread: Giants -5.5
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Washington is 6-11-1 ATS in its last 18 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 6 games
- Washington is 5-13 SU in its last 18 games
- Washington is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 6 games on the road
New York Giants
- NY Giants are 10-2 SU in their last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of the NY Giants last 13 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of the NY Giants last 6 games at home
- NY Giants are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of the NY Giants last 10 games when playing Washington
NFL Pick – Week 7
Washington finds itself in the thick of the NFC East Division title race as 3-3 both straight-up and against the spread through the first six weeks of the season. The total has gone OVER in five of its first six games.
Most people expected Robert Griffin III to be a success at the next level but the rookie quarterback has already exceeded these expectations in his first six games as a pro. Last week’s 38-26 victory over Minnesota as one-point home underdogs highlighted the Redskins new-found big-play capabilities with Griffin at the helm. The problem for Washington remains a defense that is giving-up 28.8 points a game, which is ranked 26th in the NFL.
The Giants are coming off a very impressive 26-3 beatdown of San Francisco last Sunday as seven-point underdogs on the road. They now lead the division by a game at 4-2 SU and are 3-2-1 ATS. The total has stayed UNDER in three of their last four games.
New York has always been a streaky team over the past few seasons and very capable of stringing together victories in bunches. Going back to Week 14 of last season when they snapped a four-game skid with a crucial win against Dallas, the Giants have won 11 of their last 14 games including Super Bowl XLVI heading into Sunday’s matchup. One of the main reasons for this success has been the never-say-die attitude of veteran quarterback Eli Manning, who has an incredible knack for pulling-out games no matter how bleak things may look. The scary thing about this team is that the entire package came together last week as the New York defense finally returned to form.
This is going to be a very difficult situation for Griffin and the Redskins as New York has already lost two division games and realizes that it cannot afford a third in what appears to be a title race that will go right down to Week 17. Washington won both meetings last season SU and ATS but that followed six straight losses to New York and a 0-5-1 record ATS. Bank on the pendulum in this series swinging back into the Giants’ favor with a victory that covers the 5.5 points at home. New York 27 Washington 17
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013