Vermont at Florida Gators Preview
- 25th Nov 2015
- Gareth Mcknight
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The Florida Gators (3-1) will have their chance to upend the Vermont Catamounts (2-3) at Stephen C. O’Connell Center. The game starts at 3:00 pm ET on Wednesday, Nov. 25 and can be seen on SEC and ES3.
The Gators lost to Purdue 85-70 on Sunday. Dorian Finney-Smith was one of the best players for the Gators, putting up 17 points, eight rebounds, and four assists. The Catamounts are coming off a 77-71 loss against Buffalo on Sunday. Trae Bell-Haynes led the team in scoring with 15 points.
Florida is a considerable 13-point favorite at home and the Over/Under (O/U) for this matchup is 144 points. For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
The Gators are hoping to build on their records of 3-1 Straight Up (SU) and 2-1 Against The Spread (ATS). Florida has an edge in the rebounding department for this game, where it racks up an average of 44.5 rebounds per game. Crossing over to the defensive side of the court, the Florida defense has been very good, only giving up 60.8 points per game. Florida’s defense can be considered for best in the country, allowing a Division I-best .381 opponent field-goal percentage.
In the other locker room, the Catamounts have 2-3 SU and 1-1 ATS records. The Catamounts are shooting lights out from the foul line so far, with a .811 free throw percentage that ranks third in Division I. Shifting to the other side of the court, the Catamounts have the best opponent field-goal percentage in the nation at .435.
Florida and Vermont have not played one another in a regular season matchup in recent years.
Predictions: SU Winner – Fla, ATS Winner – Ver, O/U – Over
Florida is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games.
Vermont averages 73.6 points per game, placing the team just 215th in the nation. Florida ranks 39th in points allowed, giving up 60.8 points per game.
The Vermont Catamounts have the nation’s top defense, with a defensive rating of 110.0. The Florida Gators have an offensive rating of 111.6 (ranked 114th).
The Vermont Catamounts average 70.2 possessions per game and 1.049 points per possession. The Florida Gators earn fewer possessions with 68.8, but they score more points with 1.116.
The Florida Gators average an effective field goal percentage of 51.0% this season. The Vermont Catamounts are a winless 0-1 when opponents have an eFG% of 51.0% or greater.
The Florida Gators attempt 25.0 three pointers per game this season, while the Vermont Catamounts attempt 16.0. When they register 20 or more three point attempts in a game, Florida is a winning 2-1 while Vermont is winless (0-1).
Florida ranks 30th in offensive rebounding. Vermont ranks 133rd in defensive rebounding.
The Vermont Catamounts average 4.2 steals per game. The Florida Gators are undefeated with a 2-0 record when they give up at least 4 steals.
- If you play it properly and maintain proper bankroll management with live betting or in-play wagering, it’s just another way that you can bang the books.
- On the March 29 edition of BangTheBook Radio, host Adam Burke talked some NBA with Philip Rossman-Reich and a lot of golf with Wes Reynolds during our Wednesday Wagering segment.
- Unics Kazan @ Crvena Zvezda mts Date/Time: 03-31-2017, 13:00 EDT Spread: Crvena Zvezda mts -8 Total: +147.5 In the 29th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball and in this game, Crvena Zvezda mts Belgrade (15-13) who are offically qualify into the playoffs with a win tonight, are …
- Olimpia Milano @ Zalgiris Kaunas Date/Time: 03-31-2017, 13:00 EDT Spread: Zalgiris Kaunas -9 Total: +158 In the 29th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball and in this game without any incentine, as both teams are already eliminated from the playoffs, Zalgiris Kaunas (13-15) are hosting EA7 Emporio …
- Fenerbahce @ Real Madrid Date/Time: 03-31-2017, 15:00 EDT Spread: Real Madrid -6.5 Total: +161 In the 29th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball and in this game, two already qualified teams are clashing, when Real Madrid (21-7) are hosting Fenerbahce Istanbul (17-11), who desperately need this win …