Vanderbilt at Baylor Free CBB Betting Tip
- 06th Dec 2015
- Aaron Ryan
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
Expect a shootout when the No. 16-ranked Vanderbilt Commodores (6-1) and No. 25-ranked Baylor Bears (5-1) battle it out at Ferrell Center. The game gets underway at 8:00 pm ET on Sunday, Dec. 6 and can be seen on ESU and ES3.
The Bears had no trouble getting past Prairie View A&M 80-41 on Wednesday. Johnathan Motley led all scorers on the team with 23 points on 11-for-14 shooting. The Commodores, meanwhile, are coming off a 102-52 win over Detroit on Wednesday. Wade Baldwin IV was the game’s top scorer, recording 20 points on 5-for-8 shooting.
For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
Baylor is a slight two-point favorite in this game and the Over/Under (O/U) is 140 points. The Bears come into this game 5-1 Straight Up (SU), but 0-2 Against The Spread (ATS). Baylor has been steady from the free throw line, shooting a stellar .762. Expect to see a lot of second-chance opportunities for Baylor in this matchup, which is one of the top rebounding teams in the nation with an average of 14.0 offensive boards per game. The Bears, sporting the 17th-best assist-to-turnover ratio in Division I (1.66), have proven themselves to be an extremely efficient offensive team.
Over on the other bench, the Commodores have records of 4-1 ATS and 6-1 SU. The Commodores rarely make costly errors handling the ball. They have the 20th-best assist-to-turnover ratio in the country at 1.61. Switching gears to the Vanderbilt defense, the Commodores allow very few three-pointers on defense with 5.0 given up per game. They average 6.7 blocks per game, good for fourth in the nation.
This is the first meeting of the season for Baylor and Vanderbilt. The last time they played, Baylor came out on top, bringing its SU record to 1-0 over the Commodores. The Bears also hold the advantage ATS with a record of 1-0.
Predictions: SU Winner – Baylor, ATS Winner – Baylor, O/U – Over
Vanderbilt is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road.
Baylor is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home.
The Vanderbilt Commodores have a defensive rating of 83.3, fourth-best in the country. The Baylor Bears have a top-tier offense with an offensive rating of 122.4 (ranked 11th).
The Vanderbilt Commodores average 70.5 possessions per game and 1.216 points per possession. The Baylor Bears earn fewer possessions with 70.1, but they score more points with 1.224.
Baylor ranks among the best in the nation in assists at third (22.2 assists per game). Vanderbilt is ranked 87th with 15.4 assists per game.
Vanderbilt, the fourth-ranked team in blocked shots, registers an average of 6.7 per game. Baylor ranks lower at 107th with 4.2.
Vanderbilt is one of the top defensive rebounding teams, ranking 11th. Baylor ranks 41st in offensive rebounding.
Vanderbilt makes an average of 5.6 steals per game. Baylor has a winning 4-1 record when it allows at least 5 steals.
- After locking up their respective series in six games on Friday night, both teams hopped on a plane for Boston to get ready for Sunday’s Game 1 tip-off at 1 p.m. ET.
- Outchanced and outshot, but not outscored, the Edmonton Oilers return home to Rogers Place with a 2-0 series lead over the Anaheim Ducks.
- All 30 teams are in action, barring rainouts, so we’ve got plenty of options to consider for this afternoon and evening’s festivities.
- We’ve got 15 games to consider for today’s action and they are spread out over the course of the day. There’s no reason to waste any time, we’ll just go ahead and dive right in.
- In every game that Bronson Arroyo has started, I have picked against him. The Reds starting rotation is bad, and they didn’t have any depth in their minor-league system, but the desperation of signing Arroyo is a little bit strange