Valparaiso at Ball State NCAAB Free Pick
- 28th Nov 2015
- Donald Phillips
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The Ball State Cardinals will host a battle against the Valparaiso Crusaders at John E. Worthen Arena. The game begins at 2:00 pm ET on Saturday, Nov. 28 and will air on ES3.
The Cardinals won big over Indiana-Kokomo 90-54 on Wednesday. Franko House was the team’s high scorer with 16 points on 5-for-9 shooting. The Crusaders, meanwhile, are coming off a 63-57 win against Oregon State on Tuesday. Shane Hammink stood out for Valparaiso, accounting for 15 points, six rebounds, and three steals.
Ball State, a nine-point underdog, will look to capitalize at home against Valparaiso. The Over/Under (O/U) is sitting at 134 points for this matchup. For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
The Cardinals enter the game with records of 4-2 Straight Up (SU) and 1-2 Against The Spread (ATS).
On the other side, the Crusaders have records of 4-1 ATS and 6-1 SU. The Crusaders are getting to the foul line at a high rate. Their 118 free throws made ranks 18th in Division I. Switching gears to the Valparaiso defense, the Crusaders allow just 55.6 points per game, ranking them fifth in the nation. The Valparaiso defense has been a problem for competitors, allowing only .350 shooting from the field to its opponents.
This game marks the season’s first head-to-head clash between Ball State and Valparaiso. Their previous game was a Crusaders victory, moving their SU record against Ball State to 4-2. The Crusaders also lead the matchup ATS with a record of 3-2.
Predictions: SU Winner – BallSt, ATS Winner – BallSt, O/U – Under
Valparaiso is 10-5 SU in its last 15 games on the road.
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Valparaiso’s last 7 games on the road.
Ball State is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games at home.
Ball State scores an average of just 74.5 points per game (ranked 185th). Valparaiso ranks fifth in points allowed, giving up 55.6 points per game.
Ball State scores just 78.3 points per home game (ranked 199th). Valparaiso ranks 54th in points allowed on the road, giving up 61.7 points.
In its last game, Ball State won by a margin of 36 points. Valparaiso is 3-0 in games decided by a margin of 18 points or more. Ball State has a 1-0 record in blowouts.
The Ball State Cardinals have a defensive rating of 95.6 (ranked 92nd), while the Valparaiso Crusaders have an offensive rating of 108.6 (ranked 145th).
The Ball State Cardinals average a field goal percentage of 44.2% this season. The Valparaiso Crusaders have split their games this season (1-1) when opponents have a FG% of 44.2% or greater.
The Ball State Cardinals rank lower for their field goal percentage (172nd) than they do for their effective field goal percentage (158th), but the Valparaiso Crusaders have a better FG% ranking (112th) than eFG% ranking (130th).
Ball State ranks 85th in the nation with an assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.30. Valparaiso is ranked lower at 207th with an A/TO of .99.
Ball State ranks 144th in offensive rebounds, while Valparaiso ranks 41st in defensive rebounds.
On average, Ball State forces a turnover rate of 19.6%. When Valparaiso turns over the ball at a similar or higher rate, the team has a winning 3-1 record.
- Real Madrid @ Olympiakos Date/Time: 03-24-2017, 15:00 EDT Spread: Olympiakos -2 Total: +156.5 In the 28th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball which takes place just two days after the previous round, we have a battle for the first place of the league, as Olympiakos Piraeus (19-8) …
- Galatasaray @ Darussafaka Dogus Date/Time: 03-24-2017, 13:15 EDT Spread: Darussafaka Dogus -8 Total: +154.5 In the 28th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball which takes place just two days after the previous round, we have a do-or-die game for the hosts, as Darussafaka Dogus Istanbul (13-14) welcomes …
- CSKA Moscow @ Unics Kazan Date/Time: 03-24-2017, 12:00 EDT Spread: Unics Kazan +9 Total: +166.5 In the 28th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball which takes place just two days after the previous round, we have a game with one-sided interested as the already eliminated Unics Kazan …
- Crvena Zvezda mts @ Barcelona Date/Time: 03-24-2017, 16:00 EDT Spread: Barcelona -2 Total: +143 In the 28th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball which takes place just two days after the previous round, the already eliminated FC Barcelona Lassa (10-17) are hosting Crvena Zvezda (15-12), who are …
- The 2017 Formula One season gets underway on Sunday with the Australian Grand Prix on NBCSN