UFC Fight Night 108 Odds and Predictions
- 19th Apr 2017
- T. Wilkinson
Last Updated: 2017-04-19
Cub Swanson is a big favorite against Artem Lobov in the main event of UFC Fight Night 108 on Saturday in Nashville on FS1. Both fighters have been trash talking leading up to this fight so it should be entertaining for as long as it lasts. The fight is one of six on the main card that can be seen on FS1. There are also seven preliminary bouts with four on FS2 and three on UFC Fight Pass. Let’s look at the card with a focus on Swanson vs. Lobov and main card UFC predictions.
UFC Fight Night 108 is set for Saturday, April 22nd at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee. The headline fight is a featherweight bout between Cub Swanson and Artem Lobov.
Main Card (FS1)
Cub Swanson -600 vs. Artem Lobov
Whether this fight should even be a main event is questionable, as Swanson is a top featherweight contender, while Lobov is lucky to be in the UFC at all. If you listen to Swanson, there is no doubt that Lobov is in way over his head but Lobov said recently that he has the power to win this fight. “I don’t think he’s faced anyone with the kind of power I bring,” Lobov said to FOX Sports. “On my first fight on ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ in the house, I broke a guy’s orbital bone. He didn’t leave his room for weeks. This is the kind of power that’s enough to crush people’s skulls. When I say I’m breaking people’s faces, I don’t say that just to sound cool. It’s a fact. I’ve broken many people’s faces before and I don’t think this is something Cub has faced before.”
Swanson should win this one but the price is really high, so I will just take the rounds under.
Al Iaquinta -400 vs. Diego Sanchez
The co-main event has Iaquinta a big favorite against Sanchez. We haven’t seen Iaquinta in action for a while but he is stronger and faster than Sanchez. This is another high price though, so taking the rounds over could be the way to go.
Ovince Saint Preux -175 vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima
This fight looks like a toss-up, so taking the plus money is worth a look.
John Dodson -415 vs. Eddie Wineland
Dodson is the clear choice in this one but the price at more than 4-1 is tough to lay.
Stevie Ray -215 vs. Joe Lauzon
This price seems really high on Ray as he takes on a seasoned veteran in Lauzon. Taking the plus money could be worth a shot.
Mike Perry -180 vs. Jake Ellenberger
It is hard to Ellenberger even at plus money, as he simply isn’t that good. I will lay the price and take Perry.
The prelims on FS2 have Thales Leites vs. Sam Alvey, Dustin Ortiz vs. Brandon Moreno, Scott Holtzman vs. Michael McBride and Jessica Penne vs. Danielle Taylor. The prelims on UFC Fight Pass are Alexis Davis vs. Cindy Dandois, Bryan Barberena vs. Joe Proctor and Hector Sandoval vs. Matt Schnell.
- Anadolu Efes @ Olympiakos GAME 5 Date/Time: 05-02-2017, 14:00 EST Spread: Olympiakos -7 Total: +145.5 In the only quarterfinal of the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball that went to a Game 5, the series moves back to Greece when the third-seeded Olympiakos Piraeus are hosting the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul in …
- The Eastern Conference NBA Semi-finals game 1 is on schedule for Monday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers face-off the Toronto Raptors. It is a rematch of the last years Eastern Conference finals and the Raptors will try to revenge the last years 4-2 series defeat.
- The NBA Western conference playoffs semi-finals series tips-off on Monday night when the San Antonio Spurs host the Houston Rockets in Game 1.
- Saul Alvarez takes on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 6th in a bout that will be shown on HBO pay-per-view.
- The Orioles visit the Red Sox on Monday, May 1st in the first game of a four-game series with a start time of 7:10 pm Eastern on ESPN.