UCF at Stanford College Football Expert Picks
- 11th Sep 2015
- Aaron Ryan
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The University of Central Florida Knights head to square off against the Stanford University Cardinal at Stanford Stadium this week. The game starts at 10:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, Sep 12 and will be available on FS1.
In last week’s matchup, Stanford lost to Northwestern 16-6. Austin Hooper had a quality performance in the loss, grabbing five receptions for 45 yards. UCF got nipped by FIU 15-14 in its matchup. Jordan Akins had a great game for the Knights, pulling in nine receptions for 104 yards and two TDs. Tre’Quan Smith had a great game as well, adding 104 yards on nine catches.
Stanford is a 16-point favorite against the Knights. According to the oddsmakers, the Over/Under (O/U) is currently 43 points.
The Cardinal have performed below expectations so far this year. It’s still early, but a 0-1 record Straight Up (SU) and Against The Spread (ATS) could be improved. Expect the Cardinal defense to restrict UCF’s passing attack. The Cardinal have the 15th-ranked pass defense in the nation and give up only 105 passing yards per game.
As for their opponent, the Knights have shown some flaws to start the season and are 0-1 SU and ATS. The Knights’ secondary will be looking to pad their stats when they face off against the Cardinal, who rank 120th in terms of yards per passing attempt, with an average of only 7.8 yards. The Cardinal might be leery of ball security against the Knights. They rank 22nd in the country in fumbles recovered with one per game.
Predictions: SU Winner – Stanford, ATS Winner – UCF, O/U – Over
Central Florida is 18-5 SU in its last 23 games.
The total has gone OVER in 15 of Central Florida’s last 23 games on the road.
Central Florida is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games on the road.
UCF is 0-1 SU when leading after two quarters this season.
The Stanford passing attack is ranked only 99th in the nation, while the UCF pass defense is ranked 85th. The Knights passing game is ranked just 54th, compared to the 15th-ranked pass defense of the Cardinal.
- The Penguins are around a -135 favorite out there in the betting market, despite a boatload of injuries and a Senators team right in the thick of the Atlantic Division chase for first place.
- If this number closes 3.5 or 4, this will be the first time this season that the Nets have been favored by more than a possession. As it is, it’s just the third time this season the Brooklyn will close a favorite.
- As we head into the Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California, there are a lot of surprises on the standings board.
- The Wizards and Hawks stayed under the total for us on Wednesday and now we’re faced with a fairly light schedule on Thursday with just five games on a night most people will have their attention glued to college basketball.
- The New York Knicks (27-43) are heading west to Portland this week where they’ll meet the Trail Blazers (32-38) at the MODA Center on Thursday.