UC Riverside at Cal State Fullerton Top CBB Pick
- 30th Jan 2016
- Matt Barnes
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The UC Riverside Highlanders will be at Titan Gym to challenge the Cal State Fullerton Titans in a Big West matchup. The game gets underway at 10:00 pm ET on Saturday, Jan. 30 and will air on ES3.
The Titans fell to UC Davis 69-64 on Wednesday. Khalil Ahmad was the game’s leading scorer with 27 points. The Highlanders are coming off a 72-68 win against Cal Poly on Thursday. Taylor Johns was the team’s top scorer, accumulating 21 points on 8-for-18 shooting.
This is the second game of the year between these two teams, with the Titans winning the first matchup 79-73. Ahmad had a standout performance in the victory, putting up 14 points, six rebounds, one assist, three steals, one block, and two three-pointers.
Cal State Fullerton is a slight two-point favorite in this game and the Over/Under (O/U) is 142 points.
For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
The Titans look to improve upon their records of 8-11 Straight Up (SU) and 7-9 Against The Spread (ATS). The Titans are an impressive shooting team from the line with 18.0 free throws made per game, one of the highest marks in Division I.
As for their opponent, the Highlanders head into the game with records of 7-8 ATS and 12-11 SU. UC Riverside is one of the top three-point shooting teams in the nation, hitting 7.0 shots from three-point range per game.
With the Titans’ last win against UC Riverside, their SU record against UC Riverside moves to 6-4 over their most recent meetings. On the other hand, UC Riverside leads the matchup ATS with a record of 6-4. UC Riverside held the edge in field goals, rebounds, and three-pointers twice, while Cal State Fullerton was never able to do so in their most recent five games.
Predictions: SU Winner – CalRv, ATS Winner – CalRv, O/U – Over
UC Riverside is 6-19 SU in its last 25 games on the road.
The total has gone OVER in 4 of UC Riverside’s last 6 games when playing on the road against CS Fullerton.
UC Riverside is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games when playing on the road against CS Fullerton.
CS Fullerton is 13-6 SU in its last 19 games when playing UC Riverside.
The total has gone OVER in 5 of CS Fullerton’s last 5 games when playing UC Riverside.
CS Fullerton is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games when playing at home against UC Riverside.
Cal State Fullerton is struggling at 1-5 SU in its conference, while UC Riverside sits at 3-4 SU.
The Cal State Fullerton Titans average a field goal percentage of 41.6% this season. The UC Riverside Highlanders have an underachieving record of 5-9 when opponents have a FG% of 41.6% or greater.
The Cal State Fullerton Titans and the UC Riverside Highlanders both rank higher in average effective field goal percentage when compared to their field goal percentages. Cal State Fullerton is 288th and 267th in the nation for FG% and eFG% respectively, while UC Riverside is 201st and 153rd in these categories.
The UC Riverside Highlanders average 5.4 steals per game. When giving up 5 or more steals, the Cal State Fullerton Titans have a subpar record (3-6) this season.
- Host Adam Burke was joined by Bryan Leonard of WagerTalk.com and also Sports Cheetah of WagerTalk.com to talk MLB season prep, the NIT, and the Final Four games coming up this weekend.
- The final event before the Masters is this week’s Shell Houston Open at the Golf Club of Houston.
- The semifinals of the NIT will claim the primetime spotlight tonight with Rod Barnes and the eight-seeded Cal St. Bakersfield Roadrunners taking on Josh Pastner’s sixth-seeded Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
- The second game of the NIT semifinals will feature Johnny Dawkins and the UCF Knights of the AAC taking on Jamie Dixon and the TCU Horned Frogs of the Big 12.
- Players have different motivations this week at the Shell Houston Open. Clearly everybody in the field wants to win to some degree, but the Golf Club of Houston is the lead-in event to Masters.