Troy at Georgia State NCAA Football Betting Lines
- 23rd Nov 2015
- Matt Barnes
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The SBC’s top passer, Nick Arbuckle (3,446 yards, 21 TDs), will be on display when the Georgia State Panthers play the Troy Trojans. While this season has been a bit of a letdown for Georgia State (4-6), the team has shown signs of life as of late, notching wins in three of its last five. The game starts at 2:00 p.m. ET on Friday, Nov 27 and will air on ESP3.
Georgia State beat South Alabama 24-10 last week. Nick Arbuckle had a big game throwing the ball in the win, completing 27 of 44 passes for 311 yards and one TD. Penny Hart also had a big game with 77 receiving yards and a TD on seven receptions. Troy didn’t have the same success as Georgia State, getting dominated by Georgia Southern 45-10. Teddy Ruben had a good game for the Trojans, registering four receptions for 51 yards.
Georgia State is a slim one-point favorite in this game and the Over/Under (O/U) is currently unavailable. For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Football Odds.
Despite a 4-6 Straight Up (SU) record this season, the Panthers have fared well Against The Spread (ATS) with a 6-4 record. In the past five games, Georgia State is 3-2 SU and 4-1 ATS. The Panthers passing attack has averaged 379.2 passing yards in the last five games. Transitioning to the Georgia State defense, there are some things to keep in mind when it is on the field. The Trojans will be matching up against a stout Georgia State pass defense, which only allowed 199.2 passing yards over their last five matchups.
Across the field, the Trojans are a good bet so far, with a respectable record of 6-4 ATS. Their SU record, 3-7, hasn’t been quite as good. In the previous five games, Troy has a record of 2-3 SU and 3-2 ATS. The Trojans have averaged 34 PPG over the last five games, above their 27.3 PPG season average. Troy has bolstered its air attack. During the past five games, the Trojans eclipsed their season average of 224.8 passing yards per game with an average of 270.6 during that period. Lately, the Trojans have had a better pass defense. They’re allowing only 179.8 passing YPG over their last five matchups. The Trojans usually get going immediately from the initial kickoff, averaging 9.7 points in the first quarter this year.
Predictions: SU Winner – Troy, ATS Winner – Troy
Troy is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games.
Troy is 2-11 SU in its last 13 games on the road.
Georgia State is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games at home.
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Georgia State’s last 5 games at home.
Troy is 3-0 SU when leading at the start of the 4th quarter this season. Georgia State is 3-2 SU when leading after three quarters.
The Troy defense has forced an average of 2.0 turnovers over its last five games. Georgia State is 0-6 SU this season when turning the ball over at least 2.0 times in a game.
- Host Adam Burke was joined by Brad Powers of BradPowersSports.com and also Ralph Michaels of WagerTalk.com to talk all things college basketball and Final Four.
- Match-up : Lazio at Sassuolo Date : 4/1/2017 Time : 12:00 EDT Spread : Sassuolo +0.75 Total : 2.75 Goals Sassuolo will be looking to return to winning ways after 4 consecutive unsuccessful results, when they host Lazio on Saturday, April 1st. Sassuolo are coming off back to back defeats …
- Match-up : Betis at Espanyol Date : 3/31/2017 Time : 14:45 EDT Spread : Espanyol -0.25 Total : 2.25 Goals Espanyol have been excellent lately at home (6-1-1), and they are still clinging at the top half of the league table, as they are only 4 points behind the 7th …
- Match-up : Hoffenheim at Hertha Berlin Date : 3/31/2017 Time : 14:30 EDT Spread : Hoffenheim +0.0 Total : 2.5 Goals Two teams that have a knack for scoring and conceding goals are clashing on Saturday, when Hertha Berlin will be hosting Hoffenheim for the Bundesliga. Hertha Berlin have been …
- A champion will be crowned in the NIT this evening at Madison Square Garden as Josh Pastner and the ACC’s Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets take on Jaime Dixon and the TCU Horned Frogs of the Big 12.