Spanish ACB Prediction: Unicaja @ Barcelona
- 21st Apr 2017
- Nick Lagouretos
Last Updated: 2017-04-21
Unicaja @ Barcelona
Date/Time: 04-23-2017, 11:00 EDT
Spread: Barcelona -5.5
In the 30th week of action in the Spanish Basketball League (ACB or Liga Endesa), FC Barcelona Lassa, are hosting Baloncesto Malaga, more commonly referred as Unicaja on Sunday, April 23rd 2017. The game takes place at the Palau Blaugrana Arena in the city of Barcelona.
Barcelona have a 18-9 record so far this season and currently sit on the 6th place of the league table. They have lost two of their last three matches and last week they lost on the road against Valencia with a 76-59 score. Justin Doellman leads the team in scoring with 13.2 ppg, followed by Ante Tomic with 12.6 ppg, adding a team high 7.9 rebounds per game (league-best), while Tyrese Rice adds 12 ppg and a team high 3.5 assists per game.
Unicaja have a 17-9 record so far this season and currently sit on the 7th place of the league table. They are coming from back-to-back wins and last week they won at home against Andorra with a 93-69 score. Nemanja Nedovic leads the team in scoring with 13.2 ppg, adding a team high 3.7 assists per game. He is followed by Dejan Musli with 12.1 ppg, adding a team high 5.6 rebounds per game. Jamar Smith adds 10.5 ppg and a team high 0.9 steals per game.
This is the second time these two teams meet this season and in their previous meeting, Barcelona won at home with a 82-70 score. Barcelona have a 12-1 home record so far in the league, while Unicaja are 7-6 on the road. Both teams are almost equal both offensively (82.4 and 82.3 ppg) and defensively, allowing 77.3 and 77.4 ppg. Barcelona shoot with a league-best 50.2% in field goals, to Unicaja’s 48.1% (fourth), while Unicaja lead the league in 3-point percentage, with 38.3% to Barcelona’s second-best of 37.3%. Barcelona are slightly better in rebounding (31.9 to 31.3), while Unicaja lead the league in assists made, with 18.4 to Barcelona’s 16.2. It is going to be a close and exciting game and while Barcelona might be the slight favorite for the win, the deficit will be much less than 8 points, so I’m with Unicaja in this one.
Prediction: Unicaja +5.5 (-110)
- Anadolu Efes @ Olympiakos GAME 5 Date/Time: 05-02-2017, 14:00 EST Spread: Olympiakos -7 Total: +145.5 In the only quarterfinal of the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball that went to a Game 5, the series moves back to Greece when the third-seeded Olympiakos Piraeus are hosting the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul in …
- The Eastern Conference NBA Semi-finals game 1 is on schedule for Monday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers face-off the Toronto Raptors. It is a rematch of the last years Eastern Conference finals and the Raptors will try to revenge the last years 4-2 series defeat.
- The NBA Western conference playoffs semi-finals series tips-off on Monday night when the San Antonio Spurs host the Houston Rockets in Game 1.
- Saul Alvarez takes on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 6th in a bout that will be shown on HBO pay-per-view.
- The Orioles visit the Red Sox on Monday, May 1st in the first game of a four-game series with a start time of 7:10 pm Eastern on ESPN.