Spanish ACB Prediction: Murcia @ Obradoiro CAB
- 21st Apr 2017
- Nick Lagouretos
Last Updated: 2017-04-21
Murcia @ Obradoiro CAB
Date/Time: 04-23-2017, 12:00 EDT
Spread: Obradoiro CAB -3
In the 30th week of action in the Spanish Basketball League (ACB or Liga Endesa), Obradoiro Clube de Amigos do Baloncesto (also known as Rio Natura Monbus), are hosting Club Baloncesto Murcia, more commonly referred to as UCAM Murcia on Sunday, April 23rd 2017. The game takes place at the Multiusos Fontes do Sar Arena in the city of Santiago de Compostela.
Obradoiro have a 9-18 record so far this season and currently sit on the third to last place of the league table. They have won three of their last four matches and last week they won on the road against Bilbao with a 85-90 score. Shayne Whittington leads the team in scoring with 12.1 ppg, adding a team high 5.7 rebounds per game. He is followed by Rosco Allen with 11.6 ppg and 4.2 rpg. Mickey McConnell adds 10.6 ppg and team highs in assists, with 6.2 per game and steals, with 1 per game.
Murcia have a 11-16 record so far this season and are currently tied with Fuenlabrada in the 11th place of the league table. They have won four of their last five matches and last week they won at home against Fuenlabrada with a 99-62 score. Facundo Campazzo leads the team in scoring with 14.2 ppg, adding team highs in assists, with 5.8 per game (third-best in the league) and steals, with 1.8 per game (league-best). Vitor Benite adds 11.9 ppg and Billy Baron 10.3 ppg.
This is the second time these two teams meet this season and in their previous meeting, Obradoiro won on the road with a 74-76 score. Obradoiro have a 5-8 home record so far in the league, while Murcia are 3-10 on the road. Murcia are better both offensively, scoring 80.1 ppg to Obradoiro’s 76 (third-worse in the league), and defensively, allowing 80.41 ppg to Obradoiro’s 83.3. Obradoiro have a better FG percentage (45.3% to 44.5%), while Murcia have a better 3-point percentage (35.5% to 33.4%). Murcia are better in rebounding, grabbing 31.5 to Obradoiro’s 28.6 (third-worse in the league), while Obradoiro dish more assists, with 15.9 to Murcia’s third-worse of 13.7. It is going to be a close game but home court advantage will be a major factor, so I’m with Obradoiro in this one.
Prediction: Obradoiro CAB -3 (-108)
- Anadolu Efes @ Olympiakos GAME 5 Date/Time: 05-02-2017, 14:00 EST Spread: Olympiakos -7 Total: +145.5 In the only quarterfinal of the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball that went to a Game 5, the series moves back to Greece when the third-seeded Olympiakos Piraeus are hosting the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul in …
- The Eastern Conference NBA Semi-finals game 1 is on schedule for Monday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers face-off the Toronto Raptors. It is a rematch of the last years Eastern Conference finals and the Raptors will try to revenge the last years 4-2 series defeat.
- The NBA Western conference playoffs semi-finals series tips-off on Monday night when the San Antonio Spurs host the Houston Rockets in Game 1.
- Saul Alvarez takes on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 6th in a bout that will be shown on HBO pay-per-view.
- The Orioles visit the Red Sox on Monday, May 1st in the first game of a four-game series with a start time of 7:10 pm Eastern on ESPN.