Siena at Canisius Top CBB Pick
- 24th Jan 2016
- Gareth Mcknight
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
It will be a battle between Metro Atlantic Athletic opponents when the Canisius Golden Griffins (10-10) welcome the Siena Saints (12-7) to Koessler Athletic Center. The game gets underway at 2:00 pm ET on Sunday, Jan. 24 and will air on ES3.
The Golden Griffins beat Niagara 70-61 on Friday. Malcolm McMillan was the team’s high scorer with 17 points on 2-for-7 shooting. The Saints, meanwhile, are coming off a 63-52 win over Rider on Thursday. Javion Ogunyemi shot 5 for 8 and led in scoring with 19 points.
Ogunyemi has been on a tear over the last five games for the Saints, averaging 17.0 points, 8.0 rebounds, and 4.4 blocks.
Siena could own the offensive glass in this matchup, as it ranks 12th in the nation in OR% at 38.9%. Conversely, Canisius places 301st in the nation on the defensive backboards with a DR% of 67.1%.
Canisius is a small one-point favorite in this game and the Over/Under (O/U) is 152 points.
For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
The Golden Griffins are looking to improve on their records of 10-10 Straight Up (SU) and 8-8-1 Against The Spread (ATS). The Golden Griffins have one of the most prolific offenses in the entire nation, averaging 79.7 points per game. The Golden Griffins are an exceptional shooting team from the line with 18.0 free throws made per game, one of the highest marks in Division I. Canisius is known to control the offensive glass, where it racks up an impressive 13.1 offensive rebounds per game.
On the other side, the Saints head into the game with records of 7-5-1 ATS and 12-7 SU. Siena is one of the better rebounding teams in Division I. The Saints average 40.4 rebounds per game, making them the 36th-best team in the country for that category.
This is the first meeting of the season for Canisius and Siena. The last time they played, Canisius came out on top, moving its SU record against Siena to 6-4 in their most recent head-to-head meetings. Additionally, Canisius leads the matchup ATS with a record of 6-2-2. When it comes to field goals, rebounds, and three-pointers, Canisius held the edge in all three of these categories twice in the last five meetings. Siena did so once.
Predictions: SU Winner – Can, ATS Winner – Can, O/U – Over
Siena is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road.
Siena is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Canisius.
Siena is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Canisius.
Canisius is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Siena.
Canisius is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Siena.
Canisius averages 79.7 points per game (ranked 50th). Siena, on the other hand, allows 72.4 points per game (ranked 202nd).
Siena scores 73.5 points per away game (ranked 100th). Canisius ranks a poor 340th in points allowed at home, allowing 79.4 points.
The Siena Saints average 72.5 possessions per game and 1.052 points per possession. The Canisius Golden Griffins earn fewer possessions with 72.0, but they score more points with 1.106.
The Canisius Golden Griffins average an effective field goal percentage of 49.2% this season. The Siena Saints have an underachieving record of 3-5 when opponents have an eFG% of 49.2% or greater.
Canisius ranks 89th in assists, registering 15.1 per game. Siena performs worse at 192nd with 13.3 assists per game.
The Siena Saints average 5.4 blocks per game, the 20th-ranked team in the country. The Canisius Golden Griffins rank a lowly 244th in blocking with just 2.9 per game.
Canisius ranks 47th in offensive rebounding. Siena ranks 112th in defensive rebounding.
On average, Canisius makes 6.3 steals per game. Siena has a solid 9-4 record when it gives up at least 6 steals.
- Real Madrid @ Olympiakos Date/Time: 03-24-2017, 15:00 EDT Spread: Olympiakos -2 Total: +156.5 In the 28th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball which takes place just two days after the previous round, we have a battle for the first place of the league, as Olympiakos Piraeus (19-8) …
- Galatasaray @ Darussafaka Dogus Date/Time: 03-24-2017, 13:15 EDT Spread: Darussafaka Dogus -8 Total: +154.5 In the 28th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball which takes place just two days after the previous round, we have a do-or-die game for the hosts, as Darussafaka Dogus Istanbul (13-14) welcomes …
- CSKA Moscow @ Unics Kazan Date/Time: 03-24-2017, 12:00 EDT Spread: Unics Kazan +9 Total: +166.5 In the 28th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball which takes place just two days after the previous round, we have a game with one-sided interested as the already eliminated Unics Kazan …
- Crvena Zvezda mts @ Barcelona Date/Time: 03-24-2017, 16:00 EDT Spread: Barcelona -2 Total: +143 In the 28th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball which takes place just two days after the previous round, the already eliminated FC Barcelona Lassa (10-17) are hosting Crvena Zvezda (15-12), who are …
- The 2017 Formula One season gets underway on Sunday with the Australian Grand Prix on NBCSN