San Francisco 49ers vs. Seattle Seahawks Free NFL Pick
- Updated: December 22, 2012
Date/Time: Sunday, Dec.23 8:20 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: San Francisco -1
NFL Betting Game Trends
San Francisco 49ers
- San Francisco is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Seattle
- San Francisco is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Seattle
- San Francisco is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Seattle
- San Francisco is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Seattle
- Seattle is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing at home against San Francisco
- Seattle is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing San Francisco
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of Seattle’s last 20 games at home
- Seattle is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
Many people believe that the 49ers are the best team in the NFL especially after Monday night’s thrilling 41-34 victory over New England as a four-point road underdog. The win pushed its overall record to 10-3-1 straight-up (9-5 against the spread) and locked-up a playoff berth. However, the 49ers have yet to win the NFC West heading into this matchup against their division rivals.
Ever since head coach Jim Harbaugh made the controversial decision to go with Colin Kaepernick as his starting quarterback over the incumbent Alex Smith, the 49ers offense has finally been able to take some of the pressure off the defense to win games. The 41 points scored against the Patriots was the most on the road this season and in the five games he has started, the team has averaged 28.8 points a game, which is a significant improvement over the 23.7 points it averaged with Smith at the helm.
Seattle is in the midst of a magical season with a rookie quarterback that has defied the odds and a defense that has gotten better and better with each passing week. The Seahawks come into this huge divisional showdown at 9-5 SU and 10-4 ATS. Once again, they remain extremely difficult to beat at home with six-straight wins and an equally profitable 6-0 record ATS.
Rookie gunslinger Russell Wilson has lived-up to his reputation as a playmaker and his play down the stretch has him right in the thick of the ‘Offensive Rookie of the Year’ chatter. He has thrown for 2,697 yards and 21 touchdowns while adding 402 yards and three scores with his legs. It also helps to have one of the best running backs in the league to hand the ball off to. Marshawn Lynch has already rushed for 1,379 yards and 10 touchdowns to help Seattle rank third in the NFL in rushing yards per game.
A letdown after Monday night’s win seems inevitable for the 49ers especially since they have to stay on the road to try and win a game in one of the toughest places to play in the league. Everything in this matchup swings in Seattle’s favor to keeps things interesting in the West with a SU victory on Sunday night heading into the final week of the regular season.
Seattle 23 San Francisco 20
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013