Samford at Nebraska Free College Hoops Pick
- 20th Dec 2015
- Matt Barnes
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The Nebraska Cornhuskers will host a showdown against the Samford Bulldogs at Pinnacle Bank Arena. Action begins at 7:00 pm ET on Sunday, Dec. 20 and can be seen on BTN.
The Cornhuskers enter this game hoping for similar success after barely hanging on to beat Rhode Island 70-67 in their last matchup. Glynn Watson Jr. was a key piece with 17 points, two rebounds, and two assists. The Bulldogs, meanwhile, are feeling some disappointment after their close 72-70 loss against South Alabama in their last game. Matt Rose had a good game for Samford, registering 17 points, four rebounds, and one steal.
Andrew White III has taken his game to another level over the last five games for the Cornhuskers. During that stretch, he has averaged 19.4 points, 5.8 rebounds, 2.0 steals, and 2.4 three-pointers.
This one isn’t expected to be close when Nebraska, a big 12-point favorite, takes on Samford. The matchup has an estimated Over/Under (O/U) of 139 points. The Cornhuskers have gone 7-4 Straight Up (SU) and 5-2 Against The Spread (ATS).
For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
In the other locker room, the Bulldogs have records of 6-2 ATS and 7-4 SU. The Bulldogs get to the line and convert their free throws at a high volume, ranking 42nd in the nation with 196 made (17.0 per game).
Nebraska and Samford will be facing off for their first head-to-head game in recent seasons.
Predictions: SU Winner – Neb, ATS Winner – Neb, O/U – Over
Samford is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road.
Nebraska is 8-15 SU in its last 23 games.
Samford scores an average of just 73.0 points per game (ranked 193rd). Nebraska ranks 90th in points allowed, giving up 66.6 points per game.
In its last game, Samford lost by a margin of two points. Nebraska is 1-0 in games decided by a margin of three points or less. Samford has a 1-2 record in close games.
The Samford Bulldogs average 70.5 possessions per game and 1.036 points per possession. The Nebraska Cornhuskers earn fewer possessions with 69.7, but they score more points with 1.068.
Nebraska has an average effective field goal percentage of 50.0%. Samford is an even 3-3 when opponents have a similar or higher effective field goal percentage.
The Nebraska Cornhuskers average 17.0 three point attempts per game, while the Samford Bulldogs attempt 18.0. When attempting 20 or more three pointers in a game, both teams have split 2-2 records.
On average, Samford forces a turnover rate of 21.8%. When Nebraska turns over the ball at a similar or higher rate, the team has a winning 2-1 record.
- With North Carolina favored by a couple of possessions, the total is gradually increasing at 151.5 and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see those two trends continue.
- The Bulldogs are favored by six at the CRIS books, DSI and Bookmaker, with a total of 138.5.
- Match-up : USA at Panama Date : 3/28/2017 Time : 22:05 EDT Spread : USA -0.25 Total : 2.25 Goals Two teams that are coming off opposite results on Friday for the 2018 World Cup Qualifiers are clashing against each other on Tuesday, March 28th, when Panama will be hosting …
- Match-up : Mexico at Trinidad & Tobago Date : 3/28/2017 Time : 19:00 EDT Spread : Mexico -1 Total : 2.25 Goals Mexico are leading the 6-team group for the 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, as they are the only team to still remain undefeated after 3 matches. They will now …
- Match-up : Costa Rica at Honduras Date : 3/28/2017 Time : 17:00 EDT Spread : Honduras +0.25 Total : 2.25 Goals Honduras will be looking to overcome their disappointing defeat by 0-6 in the hands of USA when they host Costa Rica on Tuesday, March 28th. Both teams are coming …