Premier League Prediction: Crystal Palace at Liverpool
- 21st Apr 2017
- Pavlos Laguretos
Last Updated: 2017-04-21
Match-up : Crystal Palace at Liverpool
Date : 4/23/2017
Time : 11:30 EDT
Spread : Liverpool -1
Total : 2.75 Goals
Liverpool might have looked great in their last 7 matches, but they only kept a single clean sheet in that span. They will be looking to extend their undefeated streak to 8 matches when they will be playing host to Crystal Palace on Saturday, April 22nd. Crystal Palace are also coming into this match in good form, as they have won 5 of their last 7 matches, in their attempt to keep away from the relegation zone.
Liverpool (19-5-9) are coming into this match after securing a hard-fought win by 1-0 on the road against West Brom. They took the lead at the stoppage time of the first half, and were in total control of the rest of the match, as their opponents played a very physical game in order to equalize. They are now undefeated in their last 7 matches (5-0-2), but this was their only clean sheet in that span. They are now sitting at the 3rd spot of the Premier League with 66 points, 2 points ahead of Manchester City and 5 points behind Tottenham who also have a match in hand. Liverpool have been amazing at home all season, as they have only lost a single match (11-1-4), a 3-2 against Swansea in January 21st. They are undefeated in their last 6 home matches (4-0-2), where they have only kept a single clean sheet. They did lose a couple of matches there earlier in January, but one of them was for the FA Cup against Wolves, and the other was for t he EFL Cup against Southampton. They need to improve their defense at home, where they have only kept a single clean sheet in their last 9 matches in all competitions.
On the other hand, Crystal Palace (10-17-5) are coming off a hard-fought 2-2 draw at home against reigning champions Leicester City. Their opponents had taken a two goal lead by the 52nd minute, but Crystal Palace mustered all their strength to make a come-back at the second half, where they managed to pull even with goals at the 54th and the 70th minute. Crystal Palace have been very good lately, as they have won 5 of their last 7 matches (5-1-1). They are now sitting at the 15th spot of the Premier League with 35 points, just as many as Bournemouth who are sitting a spot below them. They are 7 points above the red line, just one point behind Burnley and 2 points behind Leicester City and West Ham. With 6 more matches to play, Crystal Palace will be looking to mathematically avoid the relegation as soon as possible, and they can move up to the 12th spot if they win and results go their way. Crystal Palace have been solid on the road so far (5-8-3), where they have won 3 of their last 5 matches (3-2-0), one of which was a 2-1 triumph against league leaders Chelsea.
Crystal Palace have actually stood pretty strong in this venue, as they have emerged victorious in their last 2 trips here, while they have just as many wins as Liverpool (3-3-0). There have been goals from both sides in 10 of the last 11 matches between the two teams, while those matches also had Over 2.5 Goals. Matches between the two usually produce a lot of goals, so I think that we will see goals from both sides here, and quite possibly, Over 2.5 Goals.
Prediction : Both Teams to Score (-126).
- Anadolu Efes @ Olympiakos GAME 5 Date/Time: 05-02-2017, 14:00 EST Spread: Olympiakos -7 Total: +145.5 In the only quarterfinal of the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball that went to a Game 5, the series moves back to Greece when the third-seeded Olympiakos Piraeus are hosting the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul in …
- The Eastern Conference NBA Semi-finals game 1 is on schedule for Monday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers face-off the Toronto Raptors. It is a rematch of the last years Eastern Conference finals and the Raptors will try to revenge the last years 4-2 series defeat.
- The NBA Western conference playoffs semi-finals series tips-off on Monday night when the San Antonio Spurs host the Houston Rockets in Game 1.
- Saul Alvarez takes on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 6th in a bout that will be shown on HBO pay-per-view.
- The Orioles visit the Red Sox on Monday, May 1st in the first game of a four-game series with a start time of 7:10 pm Eastern on ESPN.