You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
Friday's Draft Day Dirty Dozen: Notes while watching the NFL draft.......
12) Watching TV people bash the Raiders' drafts for the last 10-15 years without mentioning the late Al Davis by name is always funny, even as they show Davis' brother manning the Raiders' phone at Radio City.
11) Raiders have started 15 different QBs over the last decade. Yikes.
10) Jets' first round pick Dee Milliner has had five surgeries and has a rod in his leg; he had shoulder surgery in March. He also played for Alabama, so he's well-coached and used to winning.
9) USA Today reports that when Dolphins' pick Dion Jordan was a senior in high school, he set himself on fire in a bizarre accident.......
Jordan was watching a friend as he tried to siphon gas from a car while using a vacuum cleaner. When the friend finished, Jordan walked over to the vacuum to turn it off. When he flipped the vacuum’s “off” switch, it released a spark, spreading flames onto Jordan.
You can get gas out of a car with a vacuum cleaner? I didnt know that.
8) Patriots got four draft picks from Minnesota for the #29 pick; who did the Vikings want so bad? WR Cordarrelle Patterson of Tennessee. They'll be comparing this to when the Falcons traded up to get Julio Jones, in what was an excellent trade for Atlanta.
7) Nine offensive linemen were taken in the first round; one QB, not one running back, in what was a very unusual first round.
6) Bad night for Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib; not only wasn't he drafted, but his old college coach, Doug Marrone, took EJ Manuel for his new team, the Buffalo Bills. If Marrone didn't draft his old QB, who will?
5) Lions' draft pick Ezekiel Ansah, #5 pick in the draft, had never started a game until last fall. Last time a BYU guy went in Top 10 of draft was 1982, when the Bears took Jim McMahon.
4) NFL Network's Mike Mayock is never surprised by anything. Ever.
3) When the three Alabama kids went with picks 9-11, it was the first time ever three college teammates got picked in succession.
2) Rough night for Geno Smith, Manti Te'o, Matt Barkley, as none of them got picked in the first round Thursday night. There's always Friday.
1) Four offensive linemen were taken in the first seven picks of the draft for the first time ever; unclear whether these linemen are that good, or everyone else is just so subpar this season.
-- Phillies are 9-14, 6-8 at home; they just look old.
-- Bulls were held to two points in last 5:47, but they held on to beat Nets 79-76-- Brooklyn covered the spread by half a point.
-- Miami won by 13 at Milwaukee, in maybe the worst playoff series ever. Bucks led this game by hoop at the half, but got outscored 30-18 in third quarter. You get the idea the Bucks don't even think they can win.
-- Not surprising that Boston beat the Astros 7-2; David Ortiz hit his first home run of the season. Red Sox are 15-7 and looking good.
-- Royals are 11-8, Pirates 13-9; is it too early to suggest a shift in balance of power in the two Central divisions?
-- Doug McDermott is staying at Creighton for his senior year, giving his father Greg another top 25 team in Omaha. Merry Christmas, Dad.
And dont forget to like our page at facebook. www.facebook.com/spookyexpress
If anyone is interested. You know Im always looking for a great way to have fun and make some money. There is a new Game In Town that can make us money and have fun...and I Think It Is Worth Getting IN !
This is by “PRIVATE INVITE ONLY” so first come first served...
If YES...Return Email With “I WANT IN”
or Text 205-286-2090 With “I WANT IN”
Tough nite for Geno Smith............his family set up two flatbeds literally filled with food in a store parking lot in his hometown Miramar. They were whooping it up big time, just being party ridiculous. Bet that food didn't taste as good as they hoped.
Never, ever criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes........for at that point they will be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes !