You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
SPOOKY'S EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET IS TRUE WEEKLY EXPRESS
Monday's List of 13: Wrapping up a sports weekend.........
13) Spurs have now won 18 games in a row; only two playoff games they didn't cover were the two Game 4's, when the other side was playing not to be embarrassed. Marv Albert called the Spurs "....the best organization in all of sports" during Sunday night's telecast. High praise.
12) Dodgers have six players in their roster whose fathers played in the big leagues; thats an awful lot.
11) Padres beat the Angels in 13 innings, on a hit by Will Venable, who had over 1,000 points as a basketball player at Princeton, which scored pitcher Clayton Richard, who was a backup QB at Michigan in his college days. You see how they draft athletes, not just baseball players.
10) How happy are the people at Belmont Park, with the chances of the first Triple Crown winner since 1978? Should draw over 80,000 people in three weeks, for the Belmont Stakes.
9) Marlins sent struggling 1B Gaby Sanchez to AAA, put Logan Morrison at 1B and Chris Coghlan in LF. They're winning but not scoring runs.
8) Guess moving the fences in at Citi Field fixed David Wright; he's hitting .412 with an on-base percentage of .513. Not bad.
7) Mets are 22-19, despite allowing 31 more runs than they've scored. In Houston, Astros are 18-23, but scored four runs than they allowed.
6) Braves sent Jair Jurrjens to AAA, where he was 2-0, 2.05 in his first three starts; in his last start, he gave up 12 hits, 11 runs in 4.2 IP.
5) Love the retro uniforms Astros (late 60's) and Padres (late 70's) wear on Friday nights. Still think San Diego should wear brown/mustard uniforms they had when Dave Winfield/Randy Jones were the team's stars.
4) Why do relief pitchers only pitch one inning? This guy Cook on the A's abuses hitters in the 8th inning, then they put their suspect closer (Balfour or Fuentes) in to pitch the 9th. Can't a guy pitch two innings?
3) Would've been interesting to see this Clipper team in the playoffs with a healthy Chauncey Billups. They still wouldn't have beat the Spurs, but it would've been a much more competitive series.
2) Before this series with the Heat, Indiana Pacers hadn't appeared on any Sunday afternoon national TV games in seven years. Seven years.
1) If the baseball playoffs started Monday morning, teams would be:
AL: Orioles-Indians-Rangers; Rays and Blue Jays
NL: Braves-Cardinals-Dodgers; Nationals and Mets/Miami