Philadelphia Eagles vs. New Orleans Saints Free Pick
- Updated: November 5, 2012
Date/Time: Monday, November 5 8:30 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: New Orleans -3.5
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Philadelphia is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Philadelphia’s last 9 games
- Philadelphia is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Philadelphia’s last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Philadelphia’s last 5 games when playing New Orleans
New Orleans Saints
- New Orleans is 16-8 SU in its last 24 games
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of New Orleans’s last 12 games
- New Orleans is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
- New Orleans is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of New Orleans’s last 6 games at home
NFL Pick – Week 9
This season has certainly not gone as planned for Philadelphia and it appears to be getting worse by the week with a three-game losing streak heading into Monday night’s game. The Eagles 30-17 loss to Atlanta last Sunday as three-point home favorites dropped them to 3-4 straight-up and a costly 1-5-1 against the spread. The total has gone OVER in their last two games.
Head coach Andy Reid tried to fix the defense by firing his coordinator and it gave-up 30 points to the Falcons. He may now have to make a change at quarterback in favor of rookie Nick Foles over former All-Pro Michael Vick, if Vick continues to play the way he has. The one thing that is for sure with Philadelphia is that it is desperation time, which usually brings out the best in a talented team such as this.
New Orleans was convinced it could press-on this season despite having its head coach Sean Payton suspended by the NFL for a year. The result has been a 2-5 SU start (3-4 ATS) as a result of a total lack of leadership at the helm. The total has gone OVER in five of the Saints seven games this season.
Drew Brees continues to perform admirably in the midst of all the turmoil with 2,310 passing yards and 20 touchdown throws, but New Orleans cannot run the ball and its defense cannot keep opposing teams out of the end zone. The Saints are averaging 27.1 points a game on offense, but giving-up an average of 30.9 points on defense. This is obviously a bad formula for winning games.
Monday night’s game will most likely be the end of the line for one of these perennial playoff teams, so that scenario dictates a close, hard-fought game. The extra half point on the current spread tends to favor Philadelphia in what will be a three-point game until the final gun. Look for the Saints to prevail, but for the Eagles to cover. New Orleans 27 Philadelphia 24
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013