Philadelphia 76ers vs New Orleans Hornets Free Pick
- Updated: November 7, 2012
Date/Time: Wednesday, Nov.7, 8 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Hornets -4.5
NBA Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Philadelphia’s last 7 games when playing on the road against New Orleans
- Philadelphia is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games when playing on the road against New Orleans
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Philadelphia’s last 15 games when playing on the road against New Orleans
- Philadelphia is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against New Orleans
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Philadelphia’s last 10 games when playing New Orleans
New Orleans Hornets
- New Orleans is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of New Orleans’s last 15 games when playing at home against Philadelphia
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of New Orleans’s last 7 games when playing at home against Philadelphia
- New Orleans is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Philadelphia
- New Orleans is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing at home against Philadelphia
Philadelphia opened the season with a solid 84-75 victory over Denver as a 1.5-point home underdog, but was buried twice by New York in a home-and-home series that dropped it to 1-2 both straight-up and against the spread. The total has stayed UNDER in two of the first three games.
The new-look Sixers continue to forge on without their prized offseason acquisition, Andrew Bynum, who remains out of the lineup with a sore knee. They may also be without backup center Kwame Brown for this game as he is listed as questionable with an injured calf. This means that it is up to players such as Jrue Holiday, Thaddeus Young, and Evan Turner to carry the load but the void underneath the boards has been painfully obvious in the first three games.
The Hornets quickly shook off a tough 99-95 opening-day loss to San Antonio as seven-point home underdogs with back-to-back victories over Utah at home and Chicago on the road to jump out to a 2-1 start SU and a perfect 3-0 record ATS. The total has stayed UNDER in their last two games.
New Orleans used the first overall pick in this year’s draft to select Anthony Davis and he paid immediate dividends with 21 points in his NBA debut against the Spurs. He was knocked out of Friday night’s game against the Jazz with a concussion and remains questionable for this contest. A couple of player to watch on Wednesday night for New Orleans are Greivis Vasquez and Ryan Anderson. Vasquez had a team-high 18 points in the win over the Bulls and Anderson scored 12 points while pulling down 13 rebounds. Also look for Jason Smith to make an impact as the Hornets top scorer coming off the bench.
The loss of Davis in this matchup could loom large under the boards, but this game will still be in the hands of each team’s shooters. Look for Philadelphia to bounce-back with an all around team effort that notches a straight-up win on the road. Philadelphia 92 New Orleans 89
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013