Philadelphia 76ers vs. Chicago Bulls Free NBA Pick
- Updated: February 28, 2013
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Chicago Bulls NBA Pick
Date/Time: Thursday, Feb.28, 8 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Chicago -7
NBA Betting Trends
- Philadelphia is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Chicago
- Philadelphia is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Chicago
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games when playing Chicago
- Philadelphia is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Chicago is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Philadelphia
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chicago’s last 6 games when playing at home against Philadelphia
- Chicago is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chicago’s last 6 games when playing Philadelphia
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Chicago’s last 10 games at home
It has been a season to forget for Philadelphia as any thought of making a return trip to the playoffs has pretty much ended with its current six-game losing streak. The 76ers may have hit rock-bottom in Tuesday night’s 98-84 beatdown at the hands of lowly Orlando as 8.5-point home favorites to fall to 22-33 straight-up on the year and 25-30 against the spread. They now head on the road where they are a dreadful 6-18 SU and 10-14 ATS. The total stayed UNDER the 185.5-point line against the Magic and has now stayed UNDER in seven of their last 10 games.
The only real ray of hope for Philadelphia in this contest is the continued high level of play of Jrue Holiday. He leads the team in scoring with 19 points a game while dishing-out 8.7 assists. As a whole, the Sixers are shooting 44 percent from the floor and 35 percent from three-point range. Their defense has remained fairly solid, but they are ranked second-to-last in the NBA in scoring with an average of 92 points a game.
Chicago remains a legitimate playoff team but it has not played like one recently. With just three SU victories in its last 10 games, it is now in sixth-place in the Eastern Conference at 32-25. The Bulls have failed to cover in three of their last four games to fall to 24-33 ATS this season. They are just one game over .500 SU at home this season at 15-14 and an extremely costly 7-22 ATS in those 29 games. The total has stayed UNDER in four of their last six games.
This team looked just plain tired in an ugly 101-98 loss to Cleveland this past Tuesday as an 8.5-point home favorite. This was after getting waxed by Oklahoma City 102-72 last Sunday on the road as a nine-point underdog. Fortunately this matchup provides the perfect opportunity to get back on track before a brutal stretch of games against Brooklyn at home and Indiana and San Antonio on the road.
Stick with Chicago all the way in this contest as it should more than cover the seven points at home. The Bulls may be tired but Philadelphia looks like it has quit on the season and just riding out the string. This game also sets-up as a perfect parlay with the UNDER with both teams struggling to put points on the board.
Chicago 91 Philadelphia 79
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013