Oklahoma City Thunder vs. San Antonio Spurs Free NBA Pick
- Updated: March 11, 2013
Date/Time: Monday, March 11, 8:30 p.m. (ET)
Television: NBA TV
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: San Antonio -2
NBA Betting Trends
Oklahoma City Thunder
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oklahoma City’s last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oklahoma City’s last 6 games when playing on the road against San Antonio
- Oklahoma City is 6-12-2 ATS in its last 20 games when playing on the road against San Antonio
- Oklahoma City is 5-0-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing San Antonio
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Oklahoma City’s last 12 games when playing San Antonio
San Antonio Spurs
- San Antonio is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Oklahoma City
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Antonio’s last 6 games when playing at home against Oklahoma City
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of San Antonio’s last 15 games at home
- San Antonio is 21-2 SU in its last 23 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of San Antonio’s last 12 games when playing Oklahoma City
By virtue of a five-game winning streak that includes a 91-79 rout of Boston this past Sunday as an 11-point home favorite, Oklahoma City can tie the Spurs for the top spot in the Western Conference with a win on Monday night. The Thunder are 47-16 straight-up this season and, after covering in seven of their last nine games, a profitable 38-23-2 against the spread. The total has gone OVER in three of their last five games.
Not only can Oklahoma City beat you behind an offense that is averaging 106.7 points a game, it has been able to step things up on defense as well by holding teams to 94 points or less in five of its last eight games. Overall, the Thunder are ranked 13th in the NBA in points allowed; giving-up an average of 97.1 points a game.
The Spurs had things on cruise control from mid-January to late February with 17 SU victories in 18 games. Since Tony Parker went down with an ankle injury the wins have been a bit harder to come by. After getting stunned by Portland 136-106 this past Friday night as an 11.5-point favorite at home, San Antonio is now just 4-3 SU and ATS in its last seven games. The total has stayed UNDER in four of those games.
Parker will remain out of the lineup for at least another month, but at least the Spurs will be on their home court for this huge conference showdown. They have gone a rock-solid 25-4 SU at home this season and 16-11-2 ATS. It will be up to Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili to continue to fill Parker’s void as the team’s leading scorer, but San Antonio has also done a better job on the defensive end of the court in recent weeks. This should work to keep the total score in this game lower than expected.
Free NBA Pick
In a battle of Western Conference heavyweights, the home team in this series has gone 5-1-1 ATS in the last seven meetings. Despite this trend, the play in this contest is on the Thunder to win SU on the road. With San Antonio less than 100 percent, they know that this is a perfect opportunity to gain some ground on their conference rivals.
Oklahoma City 105 San Antonio 101
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013