Ohio State vs Michigan Pick
- Updated: February 5, 2013
Ohio State vs Michigan Basketball Picks
Date/Time: February 5th, 9:00 pm ET
College Basketball Odds from Bookmaker
Point Spread: Michigan -8
Basketball Betting Game Trends
Ohio State Buckeyes
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Ohio State’s last 6 games on the road
- Ohio State is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Michigan
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Ohio State’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Michigan
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Michigan’s last 6 games when playing Ohio State
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Michigan’s last 6 games when playing at home against Ohio State
- Michigan is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Michigan is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games when playing Ohio State
- Michigan is 20-2 SU in its last 22 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Michigan’s last 7 games
NCAA Basketball Pick – February 5th
Arch rivals from the Big Ten are going to meet up with one another at Crisler Arena on Tuesday night for the showcase college basketball betting battle of the night, as the Michigan Wolverines host the Ohio State Buckeyes.
Ohio State is going to be dancing in March, but it is going to have to do a lot of work to get into the top portion of the bracket at some point. The Bucks are 17-4, but they don’t have a lot of those marquee victories that make teams jump up into the Top 3 lines of the tourney. This is a chance to claim a humongous scalp for the second time this year, knowing that the team has already beaten Big Blue once down in Columbus. The offense has struggled for the Buckeyes of late, as the team has scored 65 points or fewer in three straight and five out of six games in Big Ten play. That’s not stopping F Deshaun Thomas from lighting it up though, as he is still averaging 20.0 points per game this season and is a monster in the paint to deal with.
The Wolverines are coming off of just their second loss of the season. The road defeat to the Indiana Hoosiers certainly wasn’t the end of the world, and it probably didn’t take them off of the top line for the NCAA Tournament. However, there is a real doubt right now as to whether the team has the goods to beat some of the best in the conference. The two toughest tests that Michigan has faced have both ended in failure, and the team didn’t play its best at Indiana by any stretch of the imagination. F Glenn Robinson III had just a terrible game on Saturday in Bloomington, scoring just two points on 1-of-6 shooting. For a man that is averaging double digits per night, that just isn’t acceptable in the biggest games of the season. G Nik Stauskas has the flu, which is something to keep an eye on as well for a team that really only has four scorers that it relies upon with regularity.
There’s something about this Ohio State team that we really like on Tuesday night. The backcourt has some experience, and the team is going to be able to slow down G Tim Hardaway, Jr. and G Trey Burke. F Christian Watford and F Cody Zeller absolutely abused the bigs for the Wolverines on Saturday night, and just three nights later, they are probably going to have the same problems with Thomas. This one reeks of an upset to us. Ohio State 65 – Michigan 61