Oakland Raiders vs. Kansas City Chiefs Picks
- Updated: October 27, 2012
Date/Time: Sunday, October 28, 4:05 pm EST
NFL Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Chiefs -1
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Oakland is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Oakland’s last 13 games
- Oakland is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games
- Oakland is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Oakland is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
Kansas City Chiefs
- Kansas City is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Kansas City’s last 17 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 6 games
- Kansas City is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Kansas City’s last 10 games at home
NFL Pick – Week 8
The Oakland Raiders and the Kansas City Chiefs are two teams that don’t get along very well. They say familiarity breeds contempt, and these two teams see an awful lot of each other. Both of these teams have gotten off to very slow starts this season. Oakland is 0-3 on the road this year, while the Chiefs are 0-3 at home. Someone has to pick up a win here, but who will it be?
Carson Palmer was traded to the Oakland Raiders midway through the season last year. Palmer threw 13 touchdowns and 16 interceptions in limited action with the team last year. He had a full offseason to work with receivers and learn the offense, and he has been a little better so far this year. Palmer has a quarterback rating of 86.0, compared to just 80.5 last year. The bigger concern for Oakland has been their lack of a running game. Darren McFadden is seen as one of the best backs in the game, but Oakland is rushing for just 76.8 yards per game this year. McFadden is averaging only 3.1 yards per carry. The Raiders have to get the running game going if they are going to be successful moving forward.
Oakland’s defense has lost a lot of talent in the secondary over the last couple years, and it is finally catching up to them. The Raiders are 22nd in the league in pass defense. Oakland’s rushing defense has been pretty good, but the Raiders haven’t been able to keep opponents out of the end zone once they get into the red zone. The Raiders are giving up 28.5 points per game this year.
Kansas City had a really bad year last year, but many thought the team would bounce back in a big way this year. So far this season, it has been more of the same for the Chiefs. Kansas City comes into this one with a 1-5 record, and the team is in the bottom of the AFC West once again. Even the fans were in the news for the wrong reasons this year when they booed Matt Cassel’s injury. Brady Quinn is now the starter for the Chiefs, but he was bad in the team’s loss at Tampa Bay two weeks ago. Quinn threw for only 180 yards, and he had two interceptions and no touchdowns. Jamaal Charles is averaging 5.1 yards per carry, so he is having a terrific year. Overall, Kansas City is scoring only 17.3 points per contest.
The Chiefs defense has had to contend with a short field quite a bit this year because of the team’s turnover problems. Kansas City is right in the middle of the NFL in yards allowed per game, but the Chiefs are giving up 30.5 points per game. Glenn Dorsey is listed as questionable for this weekend due to a calf injury. He has missed the team’s last three games.
The Raiders have been slightly more consistent than the Chiefs this season. Oakland is also 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games in Kansas City.
Oakland 23 Kansas City 20
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Kyle Hunter’s Top Ten CFB Rankings: #8 USC Trojans - July 3, 2015
- Kyle Hunter’s Top Ten CFB Rankings: #9 Georgia Bulldogs - July 2, 2015
- Kyle Hunter’s Top Ten CFB Rankings: #10 LSU Tigers - June 30, 2015