NFL Week 2 Picks – Chicago Bears vs Green Bay Packers
- Updated: September 11, 2012
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Chicago is 2-4-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Chicago’s last 10 games
- Chicago is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- Chicago is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chicago’s last 9 games on the road
Green Bay Packers
- Green Bay is 21-3 SU in its last 24 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Green Bay’s last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Green Bay’s last 5 games at home
- Green Bay is 14-2 SU in its last 16 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Green Bay’s last 9 games when playing Chicago
NFL Pick – Week 2
The NFC North will be in the spotlight this Thursday night as Chicago will try and move to 2-0 straight-up on the year after pasting Indianapolis 41-21 on opening day as a 10-point favorite at home. The total went well OVER the 41.5-point line. The Colts actually took an early 7-0 lead and trailed by just 10 points at the half, but the Bears’ offense led by Jay Cutler proved to be just too much to contain for Indianapolis.
Cutler ended the day with 333 yards passing and two touchdowns while completing 60 percent of his throws. He hooked-up with his former Broncos’ teammate Brandon Marshall nine times for 119 yards and one score. Matt Forte added 80 yards on the ground including a six-yard touchdown that put the game out of reach at 31-14.
Green Bay will not have to worry about going undefeated this season after winning 15 of 16 regular season games last year. The Packers 30-22 loss to San Francisco this past Sunday as six-point home favorites has them in real danger of a 0-2 start if there defense fails to show-up again this Thursday night. The total in this game also went OVER with the line set at 46.5.
You cannot blame Aaron Rodgers for the loss after throwing for 303 yards and two touchdowns while completing 68.2 percent of his throws, but you can place some of it on a running game that generated only 45 yards on 14 attempts. The rest of the blame goes to a defense that once again was torched for close to 400 yards of total offense including 186 yards on the ground. If that keeps up, you might want to quickly try and add Forte to your fantasy team for this week.
Green Bay does not usually lose two games in-a-row, especially at home, but stick with the Bears to cover on Thursday night with the 5.5 points. Look for both Cutler and Rodgers to have big nights in what should be a nail-biter that ends in a three-point spread either way. Green Bay 34 Chicago 31
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013