NFL Odds and Picks – Atlanta Falcons at Seattle Seahawks
- 15th Oct 2016
- T. Wilkinson
Last Updated: 2017-04-27
Two of the top teams in the NFL meet on Sunday on FOX as the Atlanta Falcons visit the Seattle Seahawks. The Falcons are 4-1 and leading the NFC South while the Seahawks are 3-1 and leading the NFC West. The Falcons come into this game boasting the league’s top offense averaging 35 points per game while the Seahawks have the top ranked defense in terms of fewest yards allowed. Let’s look at Sunday’s game and NFL picks.
Seattle Seahawks -6, total 45.5
Atlanta Falcons 4-1 SU, 4-1 ATS
The Falcons have soared this season with a potent offense led by quarterback Matt Ryan and wide receiver Julio Jones. The Falcons are first in the league in points, total yards and passing yards. "Their offense is just out of this world right now," Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said, "Their quarterback is on fire. They're doing a great job.” Ryan leads the league with 1,740 passing yards and he has thrown 12 TDs and just two interceptions.
The concern for the Falcons is a defense that is allowing 28 points per game. The Falcons have gone over in four of their five games this season.
Seattle Seahawks 3-1 SU, 2-2 ATS
The Seahawks rank third in scoring defense this season but they are first in total yards allowed and second in passing yards allowed. The Seahawks have fattened up on poor offenses as the Dolphins, Rams, 49ers and Jets have been awful. Now they get a true test against the Falcons. The Seahawks are scoring 19.8 points per game and allowing 13.5 per contest.
The Seahawks have gone over twice this season and under twice in their four games.
Dan Quinn was the defensive coordinator with the Seahawks a few years ago so this will be a huge game for him in Seattle. "I don't know about pride, but it's exciting to see (Quinn)," Carroll said. "He's having fun. He's working hard. He has a team with an attitude and a personality. They had a great start last year, and they battled back and finished well at the end and they're off flying again.”
The Falcons are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 road games. The Falcons are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 vs. the NFC.
The Seahawks are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games in October. The Seahawks are 3-12 ATS in their last 15 games in Week 6.
The Under is 8-2-1 in the Falcons last 11 games in October. The Under is 12-4-1 in the Falcons last 17 road games. The Under is 12-4-1 in the Falcons last 17 vs. the NFC. The Over is 12-5 in the Seahawks last 17 games following a bye week. The Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in this series.
This should be an exciting contest with the Falcons offense giving the Seahawks a test while the Seattle offense puts up a lot of points against a weak Atlanta defense. I will take this game over the total.
- Anadolu Efes @ Olympiakos GAME 5 Date/Time: 05-02-2017, 14:00 EST Spread: Olympiakos -7 Total: +145.5 In the only quarterfinal of the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball that went to a Game 5, the series moves back to Greece when the third-seeded Olympiakos Piraeus are hosting the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul in …
- The Eastern Conference NBA Semi-finals game 1 is on schedule for Monday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers face-off the Toronto Raptors. It is a rematch of the last years Eastern Conference finals and the Raptors will try to revenge the last years 4-2 series defeat.
- The NBA Western conference playoffs semi-finals series tips-off on Monday night when the San Antonio Spurs host the Houston Rockets in Game 1.
- Saul Alvarez takes on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 6th in a bout that will be shown on HBO pay-per-view.
- The Orioles visit the Red Sox on Monday, May 1st in the first game of a four-game series with a start time of 7:10 pm Eastern on ESPN.