NFL Mock Draft: Seattle Seahawks
- 19th Apr 2017
- Cole Ryan
Last Updated: 2017-04-19
Seattle Seahawks Draft Targets and the No. 26 Projected Pick
The Seattle Seahawks have long been a mainstay in the NFL playoffs is considered one of the best teams in the National Football League.
Head coach Pete Carroll has led the Seahawks to multiple Super Bowls and they always seem to be one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl each and every year. Behind a defense named the “Legion of Boom” they are in every game and ever since quarterback Russell Wilson bloomed into the quarterback that he is today, this team will always compete when they take to the field.
Last year the Seahawks did not seem like they were the dominant team that we were used to seeing in years past. They won four out of five to start the season but injuries seemed to be a problem all year long. Wilson played injured for the first half of the season and the Seahawks rotated running backs out of the backfield for most of the season. This put a lot of strain on the defense, but when the season was over the Seahawks was who we thought they were.
The Seahawks once again won the NFC West and notched ten wins on the season. They advanced to the playoffs and distinguished the Detroit Lions before losing to the Atlanta Falcons. Now they will focus on the draft in hopes of getting back to the Super Boal and continuing their dominance in the NFL.
Seahawks Draft Needs
The Seahawks need a cornerback and that could be an even bigger need if the team manages to trade Richard Sherman. The biggest story line for this team in the off season has been the fact that they are willing to trade Sherman and he is willing to go. That would make cornerback a priority for the Seahawks in the draft.
If they decide to go in a different direction in the draft they could still focus on defense and get a defensive tackle. They are lacking depth and if they are not strong up front it could hurt this entire defensive unit.
Finally the birds could look at offense in the draft and add another wide receiver to give Wilson another target for the upcoming season.
Seahawks Potential Targets
The Seahawks have several targets to choose from. If they can get a speedster at wide receiver like John Ross would of Washington they would be more than happy to scoop him up. The same could be said for the defensive front and if Haason Reddick slips they would make the Temple lineman their number one overall selection.
The Seattle Seahawks select….
Regardless, if they trade Sherman or not, the Seahawks need a cornerback. If they decide to make cornerback a pick with this selection here there is only one person to choose and that is Kevin King the cornerback out of Washington. This local product would be a perfect fit for this defense and would instantly play on day one bolstering this defense.
- Anadolu Efes @ Olympiakos GAME 5 Date/Time: 05-02-2017, 14:00 EST Spread: Olympiakos -7 Total: +145.5 In the only quarterfinal of the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball that went to a Game 5, the series moves back to Greece when the third-seeded Olympiakos Piraeus are hosting the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul in …
- The Eastern Conference NBA Semi-finals game 1 is on schedule for Monday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers face-off the Toronto Raptors. It is a rematch of the last years Eastern Conference finals and the Raptors will try to revenge the last years 4-2 series defeat.
- The NBA Western conference playoffs semi-finals series tips-off on Monday night when the San Antonio Spurs host the Houston Rockets in Game 1.
- Saul Alvarez takes on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 6th in a bout that will be shown on HBO pay-per-view.
- The Orioles visit the Red Sox on Monday, May 1st in the first game of a four-game series with a start time of 7:10 pm Eastern on ESPN.