NFL Mock Draft: New York Giants
- 19th Apr 2017
- Cole Ryan
Last Updated: 2017-04-19
New York Giants Draft Targets and the No. 23 Projected Pick
Ever since quarterback Eli Manning stepped on the field it seems as though the New York Giants have been a contender in the National Football League. Whether it is Super Bowl championships are multiple playoff appearances, the Giants have always proven to be a tough team to bet on any given Sunday.
Even during coaching changes and off the field controversies the Giants have somehow managed to stay on top of the NFL world. Even when they have a difficult season they still remain a premiere destination for free agents to flock to. Because of this reputation of great ownership and outstanding play, the Giants are always considered a team to be on the lookout for.
The Giants had plenty of problems in 2016 but when the season was over they were still a team that no one wanted to face in the NFL playoffs. They had managed to put together an 11 win season and they were an incredible 7-1 at home. The Dallas Cowboys may have won the NFC East but the Giants proved that they could play with the best teams in the league.
Now between the incredible moves that they have already pulled off and the upcoming NFL draft the Giants look as though they are ready to reload and once again be known as one of the best teams in the National Football League.
Giants Draft Needs
The Giants have several needs in the off season but they have been so active in free agency they may be already good to go. Jason Pierre-Paul and nickel linebacker Keenan Robinson are back in the fold so the Giants made sure that they brought back the core of their defensive unit that was so vastly improved a season ago.
On offense the Giants were quick to scoop up Brandon Marshall from the neighboring Jets and now have the perfect complement to Odell Beckham Jr in the passing game.
The Giants needs now boil down to a few areas. The could use some more help on defense most notably the defensive line as every team in the league can always use a pass rusher.
On offense they could get help on the line, with a play maker or in the kicking game.
Giants Potential Targets
The Giants realize that if they want to have a successful season they have to make sure that Eli Manning is protected at all times. That is why if a top offensive line man like Ryan Ramczyk out of Wisconsin is available they should scoop him up. They could also target a play maker like Dalvin Cook out of Florida State. The explosive running back would be an excellent addition to a dangerous offense.
The New York Giants select….
The Giants have options with this selection and they may even trade the pick. However, if they do make a pick with this selection, look for Big Blue to grab an offensive lineman if Cam Robinson or Ramczyk is still on the board. If you’re looking for a long shot look for the Giants to grab Derek Barnett, the talented defensive end out of Tennessee.
- Anadolu Efes @ Olympiakos GAME 5 Date/Time: 05-02-2017, 14:00 EST Spread: Olympiakos -7 Total: +145.5 In the only quarterfinal of the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball that went to a Game 5, the series moves back to Greece when the third-seeded Olympiakos Piraeus are hosting the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul in …
- The Eastern Conference NBA Semi-finals game 1 is on schedule for Monday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers face-off the Toronto Raptors. It is a rematch of the last years Eastern Conference finals and the Raptors will try to revenge the last years 4-2 series defeat.
- The NBA Western conference playoffs semi-finals series tips-off on Monday night when the San Antonio Spurs host the Houston Rockets in Game 1.
- Saul Alvarez takes on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 6th in a bout that will be shown on HBO pay-per-view.
- The Orioles visit the Red Sox on Monday, May 1st in the first game of a four-game series with a start time of 7:10 pm Eastern on ESPN.