NFL Mock Draft: Green Bay Packers
- 19th Apr 2017
- Cole Ryan
Last Updated: 2017-04-19
Green Bay Packers Draft Targets and the No. 29 Projected Pick
The Green Bay Packers are all about quarterback Aaron Rodgers. It does not matter how bad the team may seem to be, Rodgers always finds a way to get the job done. Every year other NFC teams like the Dallas Cowboys or the Seattle Seahawks get all of the attention, but ultimately the Packers find a way to steal NFL titles.
The Packers always seem to start off slow and they always seem to ride the wave called Aaron Rodgers as they head to the playoffs. That is what happened last season as the Packers at one point lost four in a row and they looked as though they were going to miss the playoffs. Instead Rodgers went on to lead the Packers to six straight wins to end the season.
The Packers ten win season was enough to hold off the Detroit Lions for another NFC North title. The Packers then went on to win not only one, but two playoff games as they defeated the New York Giants and the Cowboys. The Packers fell short against the Atlanta Falcons in the playoffs but still have the players to compete with the best teams in the league.
Now with the NFL draft here, the Packers must put together the few pieces that they need to get the job done and improve enough to where Rodgers can once again bring this Packers team to the promised land.
Packers Draft Needs
The Packers had a very successful season, but that does not mean that they do not need to fill holes. Like many teams late in the NFL draft the Packers need help in the secondary.
The Packers have many young prospects in the secondary but they need help now. The loss in the playoffs to Matt Ryan and the Falcons was a direct result of poor secondary play.
The Packers could also use some help on offense. They need a solid running back that can run the rock on a regular basis. They lost Eddie Lacy in the free agency season and parted ways with James Starks. Now is the time to grab a running back in the draft and give Rodgers someone to utilize in the offensive scheme.
The Packers could also draft someone on the offensive line to keep Rodgers upright and make sure that they are a contender.
Packers Potential Targets
The targets for the Packers will be on defense for the first round selection. They could tab Quincy Wilson, the cornerback out of Florida or his playing mate on the opposite side Teez Taylor.
Charles Harrise the defensive end out of Missouri could also be a popular pick if they pass on cornerback.
The Green Bay Packers select….
The Packers cannot afford to pass on a cornerback with this selection. This is where they are hurting the most and that is why this selection has to be made. With the first selection in the NFL draft the Packers will select Quincy Wilson.
- Anadolu Efes @ Olympiakos GAME 5 Date/Time: 05-02-2017, 14:00 EST Spread: Olympiakos -7 Total: +145.5 In the only quarterfinal of the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball that went to a Game 5, the series moves back to Greece when the third-seeded Olympiakos Piraeus are hosting the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul in …
- The Eastern Conference NBA Semi-finals game 1 is on schedule for Monday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers face-off the Toronto Raptors. It is a rematch of the last years Eastern Conference finals and the Raptors will try to revenge the last years 4-2 series defeat.
- The NBA Western conference playoffs semi-finals series tips-off on Monday night when the San Antonio Spurs host the Houston Rockets in Game 1.
- Saul Alvarez takes on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 6th in a bout that will be shown on HBO pay-per-view.
- The Orioles visit the Red Sox on Monday, May 1st in the first game of a four-game series with a start time of 7:10 pm Eastern on ESPN.