NFL Mock Draft: Denver Broncos
- 19th Apr 2017
- Cole Ryan
Last Updated: 2017-04-19
Denver Broncos Draft Targets and the No. 20 Projected Pick
The Denver Broncos are a team that has recently won a Super Bowl. They still have one of the best defenses in the National Football League, led by linebacker Von Miller. The Super Bowl MVP is going to make this Broncos defense a good team for years to come. However there were flaws on the other side of the ball that made the Broncos an average team at best a season ago.
The Broncos offense was bringing in a new young quarterback and that was a difficult transition that was littered with costly mistakes and ultimately injuries. The Broncos were so concerned that they were connected with former Dallas Cowboy quarterback Tony Romo during the off season until Romo decided that he is going to the broadcast booth.
The Broncos also had some glaring issues running the football as they were one of the worst teams in the league when it came to running the rock. This lack of a consistent offense allowed the Broncos to plummet down the standings and finish third in the AF West behind the steady Kansas City Chiefs and the upstart Oakland Raiders.
The Broncos will now turn to free agency and the NFL draft as they hope to rebuild the offense and return to the playoffs and another shot at a Super Bowl title.
Broncos Draft Needs
The Broncos have needs at many different positions, but the most glaring need is obviously on offense. The Broncos may even be considering trading this selection if they can get more picks to bolster this side of the ball. John Elway is always on the lookout to help his team and that could happen this season in the draft.
The biggest need for this team is on the offensive line. The Broncos running game was the 27th ranked rushing game in the league and overall they had the 27th ranked total offense. This makes this issue one that the Broncos cannot afford to ignore if they want to get better.
Broncos Potential Targets
The NFL draft has plenty of offensive linemen that could attract the Broncos with this selection. The Broncos would love to see Ryan Ramczyk slide to this spot in the draft. The offensive tackle out of Wisconsin is ranked as one of the best in the NFL.
If he is off the board the Broncos will look at Forrest Lamp a guard out of Western Kentucky or Garret Bolles a tackle out of Utah. If the Broncos are going to divert from picking an offensive lineman they could select Christian McCaffrey, a running back out of Stanford.
The Denver Broncos select….
The Broncos would love to trade this pick and bolster the roster with multiple later selections, but they need to address the line and they have to do it now. Picking McCaffrey may make the fans happy but he will not be able to run behind this offensive line. The Broncos make the smart move and they will pick Lamp to add to the offensive line.
- Anadolu Efes @ Olympiakos GAME 5 Date/Time: 05-02-2017, 14:00 EST Spread: Olympiakos -7 Total: +145.5 In the only quarterfinal of the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball that went to a Game 5, the series moves back to Greece when the third-seeded Olympiakos Piraeus are hosting the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul in …
- The Eastern Conference NBA Semi-finals game 1 is on schedule for Monday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers face-off the Toronto Raptors. It is a rematch of the last years Eastern Conference finals and the Raptors will try to revenge the last years 4-2 series defeat.
- The NBA Western conference playoffs semi-finals series tips-off on Monday night when the San Antonio Spurs host the Houston Rockets in Game 1.
- Saul Alvarez takes on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 6th in a bout that will be shown on HBO pay-per-view.
- The Orioles visit the Red Sox on Monday, May 1st in the first game of a four-game series with a start time of 7:10 pm Eastern on ESPN.