NFL Mock Draft: Dallas Cowboys
- 19th Apr 2017
- Cole Ryan
Last Updated: 2017-04-19
Dallas Cowboys Draft Targets and the No. 28 Projected Pick
The Dallas Cowboys had a youth takeover in 2016 and the fans were very happy with what they witnessed.
Quarterback Dak Prescott and running back Ezikiel Elliot gave the team a glimpse of the future and the future looks good in Big D. After losing the very first game of the season the Cowboys went on to win 11 straight games and established their team as the team to beat in the NFC.
The writing was one the wall for veteran quarterback Tony Romo and he will now be in the broadcast booth for NFL Sunday’s while Prescott is now established as the team’s starter. Prescott led the Cowboys to a 13 win season and an NFC East title but he was unable to get the job done in the playoffs when he went up against a living legend in Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers.
With a bright future as one of the youngest teams in the NFL and with one of the best offensive lines in football, the Cowboys look to only get better in the upcoming NFL draft.
Cowboys Draft Needs
The Cowboys are obviously set at quarterback and running back but that does not mean that they do not have areas that they can improve on.
The one glaring issue that the Cowboys need to address in the NFL draft is the defensive line. They need to get after the quarterback especially in a NFC playoff picture that is loaded with great signal callers like Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers. The team has missed on several supposed talents in the past and they now have to grab an edge rusher that will fit into the scheme that is employed by coordinator Rod Marinelli.
The other needs are also on defense. The Cowboys could do very well next year if they could land some good young talent on the defensive side of the ball. This would include the linebacker and the cornerback position.
The Cowboys had a mass exodus in the secondary with big names like Brandan Carr and Morris Claiborne both leaving the team for free agency. This could make cornerback a priority when the Cowboys make the 29th pick in the overall draft.
Cowboys Potential Targets
The targets for the Cowboys all start on defense. They need some help in the secondary and they will have several big names to choose from. They could use the first pick to get Adoree’ Jackson out of USC or Marlon Humphrey the cornerback out of Alabama.
They could also use a safety and Josh Jones should be ready and available out of North Carolina at this point. If the Cowboys pass on secondary then now could be the time for the Cowboys to pick a defensive end like Derek Barnett out of Tennessee.
The Dallas Cowboys select….
The Cowboys have many of talented defensive players to choose from at this spot but they have to address the secondary issue. The Cowboys take Marlon Humphrey at this spot. If he is gone they will be more than happy with Jackson.
- Anadolu Efes @ Olympiakos GAME 5 Date/Time: 05-02-2017, 14:00 EST Spread: Olympiakos -7 Total: +145.5 In the only quarterfinal of the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball that went to a Game 5, the series moves back to Greece when the third-seeded Olympiakos Piraeus are hosting the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul in …
- The Eastern Conference NBA Semi-finals game 1 is on schedule for Monday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers face-off the Toronto Raptors. It is a rematch of the last years Eastern Conference finals and the Raptors will try to revenge the last years 4-2 series defeat.
- The NBA Western conference playoffs semi-finals series tips-off on Monday night when the San Antonio Spurs host the Houston Rockets in Game 1.
- Saul Alvarez takes on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 6th in a bout that will be shown on HBO pay-per-view.
- The Orioles visit the Red Sox on Monday, May 1st in the first game of a four-game series with a start time of 7:10 pm Eastern on ESPN.