NFL Betting Trends Week 10
- 11th Nov 2015
- Cole Ryan
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The NFL schedule is getting good as the teams are all trying to scramble to make a last ditch effort to get into the playoff race while other elite teams in the league are hoping to remain perfect on the season.
Before making your selections on the busy slate for week ten, here is a look at the NFL betting trends for this week.
The biggest game of the week features the undefeated New England Patriots as they take on one of their historic rivals in the New York Giants. The Giants know what it is like to take down the undefeated Patriots so this game will be the one to watch. The football betting trends indicate that there are several things that are in the favor of the Patriots still remaining perfect.
The Patriots are 5-1 against the spread (ATS) in their last 6 games in November, 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games overall and 4-1 ATS in their last 5 road games when they go up against a team with a winning home record. The Giants are 15-34-3 ATS in their last 52 games in November and 2-7 ATS when they face a team with a winning record. However the series football betting trends favor the home team in this super rematch. The Patriots are 0-4 against the spread in the last four meetings and that of course means that the underdog is a perfect 4-0 ATS in those meetings since the Patriots were always favored and of course they are again this week.
The New Orleans Saints leave the Big Easy and they head to the Nation’s capital to take on the Washington Redskins. The Saints lost to the Tennessee Titans in overtime and that broke a winning streak for Drew Brees and the Saints. It seems as though they may now start a losing streak if the football betting trends are correct. The Saints are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games after accumulating less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game and 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games after allowing more than 350 total yards in their previous game. The Saints are 0-5 ATS when they go up against a team with a losing record and they are 0-4 ATS in the last four meeting in Washington.
The Green Bay Packers return home and they face off against a Detroit Lions team fresh off a bye week. The Packers have lost three straight games against the spread and they are hoping that this is the week they get back on track, but the football betting trends suggest that they will continue to struggle. The last ten teams to lose three straight against-the-spread and then be installed as home favorites the next week went 3-6-1 against-the-spread.
Finally, on Monday night football the Cincinnati Bengals are double digit chalk over the Houston Texans. All-time, teams that have won eight games in a row and are favorites of ten or more points in the next game went 11-8 against-the-spread. This is good news for the Bengals as they hope to remain undefeated.
Before making one wager on football this week, it is vital to look at all of the NFL betting trends.
- The Miami Heat will start their three-game road trip in Boston where they will matchup with the Celtics on Sunday afternoon.
- The Rangers visit the Ducks on Sunday, March 26th with a start time of 9 pm Eastern.
- The Thunder visit the Rockets on Sunday, March 26th with a start time of 3:30 pm Eastern on ABC.
- Venezia @ Caserta Date/Time: 03-26-2017, 07:00 EDT Spread: Caserta +3 Total: +149.5 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, JuveCaserta Basket (sometimes spelled Juve Caserta Basket), also known as Pasta Reggia Caserta, hosts Reyer Venezia Mestre, or …
- Sassari @ Cremona Date/Time: 03-26-2017, 12:00 EDT Spread: Cremona +0.5 Total: +148 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, Guerino Vanoli Basket (also known as Vanoli Cremona), hosts Dinamo Basket Sassari, currently known as Dinamo Banco di …