NFL Betting — A.P.’s Back in Action for Vikes vs. Niners
- 14th Sep 2015
- Charles Jay
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
It has been quite a saga for Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, although much of the drama was of his own creation. Regardless, he is eligible to be back in action, and there is certainly a great deal of curiosity as to how he will fare as his team begins the regular season at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara against the San Francisco 49ers. This is the second half of the Monday night doubleheader on ESPN, beginning at 10:20 PM ET, and after it kicks off, BetAnySports customers will have the opportunity to continue their NFL betting, placing wagers on the side, total and various props through the magic of Live Betting Extra.
Peterson played in only one game last season before taking a suspension from the league as a result of his involvement in a child-abuse case. He was reinstated in the off-season, but then there were some disputes with the Vikings’ management, as he expressed his desire to go elsewhere. But the team was not anxious to let him get away, and so here he is, trying to come back from almost a year of inactivity. It is the custom with Peterson not to play during the pre-season, so there is still a lot of mystery as far as the general public is concerned.
And the Niners appear to be in something of a transition on defense, as they lost many of their key parts. They have also changed coordinators, as Eric Mangini, the former head coach of the New York Jets and Cleveland Browns, steps in for the departed Vic Fangio in the regime of first-year coach Jim Tomsula.
In the NFL betting odds that have been established on this game by the people at BetAnySports, the Vikings are laying a couple of points on the road:
Minnesota Vikings -2 (-105)
San Francisco 49ers +2 (-105)
Over 41 points -108
Under 41 points -102
If you recall, Peterson suffered an ACL injury in the 2011 season, and then, when many people questioned his ability to come back strong, he rushed for 2097 yards in 2012, almost setting an NFL single-season record. So no one should doubt his ability to be very effective. How effective he is going to be is open for discussion. Minnesota will be missing two starting offensive linemen here – Phil Loadholt and John Sullivan – so the task may be more difficult.
The Vikings, who were 7-9 straight-up and 10-6 ATS last season, are expected to be a much improved team by many NFL betting observers, for reasons aside from the return of Peterson. BetAnySports patrons know that wide receiver Mike Wallace is much more capable than he showed during his tenure with the Miami Dolphins, and he provides a deep threat for second-year quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, who completed 64% of his passes as a rookie. And continued development is expected on the part of Charles Johnson, who averaged 15.3 yards per catch last season. This defensive unit also progressed a great deal from one year to the next, as they went from being dead last in points allowed to #11, definitely showing the touch of Mike Zimmer, who had been the defensive coordinator in Cincinnati before taking the head job in Minneapolis.
With players like Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, Chris Borland, Aldon Smith and Ray McDonald, among others, missing from last year’s San Francisco defense that ranked fifth overall in the NFL last season, the Niners may have a major rebuilding process on their hands, unless Mangini can “scheme” his way to some surprising results.
BetAnySports welcomes you with a great free play bonus offer, and invites you to make your deposits – both initially and ongoing – using Bitcoin…..It’s fast and easy!
- Anadolu Efes @ Olympiakos GAME 5 Date/Time: 05-02-2017, 14:00 EST Spread: Olympiakos -7 Total: +145.5 In the only quarterfinal of the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball that went to a Game 5, the series moves back to Greece when the third-seeded Olympiakos Piraeus are hosting the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul in …
- The Eastern Conference NBA Semi-finals game 1 is on schedule for Monday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers face-off the Toronto Raptors. It is a rematch of the last years Eastern Conference finals and the Raptors will try to revenge the last years 4-2 series defeat.
- The NBA Western conference playoffs semi-finals series tips-off on Monday night when the San Antonio Spurs host the Houston Rockets in Game 1.
- Saul Alvarez takes on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 6th in a bout that will be shown on HBO pay-per-view.
- The Orioles visit the Red Sox on Monday, May 1st in the first game of a four-game series with a start time of 7:10 pm Eastern on ESPN.