New York Knicks vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick
- Updated: December 6, 2012
Date/Time: Thursday, Dec. 6, 8 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Miami -7
NBA Betting Trends
New York Knicks
- New York is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Miami
- New York is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Miami
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of New York’s last 11 games when playing Miami
- New York is 2-5-1 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Miami
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Miami’s last 6 games when playing at home against New York
- Miami is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against New York
- Miami is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Miami’s last 10 games at home
New York moved to the top of the standings in the Eastern Conference with its 100-98 victory over Charlotte this past Wednesday night but could not cover as a 7.5-point home favorite. It is now 13-4 straight-up on the season and 11-6 against the spread. The total ended as a PUSH against the Bobcats but it had gone OVER in five of the Knicks previous seven games.
The veteran leadership and experience on this team has come together to help New York rank fourth in the league in scoring with an average of 102.7 points a game and seventh in points allowed; giving up 94.9 points a game. The problem for this game is that the Knicks may have to go against the defending NBA Champions without their top scorer Carmelo Anthony, who left the game against Charlotte with a lacerated finger that required five stitches. He will mostly remain game-time decision so keep an eye on the current spread.
Miami is a half a game behind New York in the East at 12-4 SU but just 7-9 ATS. It is coming off an embarrassing 105-101 loss to Washington as a 10-point road favorite this past Tuesday night that snapped a six-game winning streak. The total went OVER the 194.5-point line and it has now gone OVER in four of its last five games.
You would have to think that the Heat will be fired-up at home in a huge conference showdown after the road loss to the Wizards as this team rarely loses back-to-back games. They come into this matchup as the second-highest scoring team in the NBA with 104.4 points a game but they rank 21st in points allowed. LeBron James is averaging a team-high 24.8 points, 9.1 rebounds and 6.8 assists. Ray Allen has provided a huge boost off the bench with 13.2 points while shooting 50 percent from the field as well as from three-point range.
The loss of Anthony would be huge for the Knicks but that is the reason why the current spread has expanded to seven points. Also working against New York is a 2-6 record ATS in the last eight meetings between the two. Stick with the Heat to put it all together to show that the road to the Eastern Conference title still goes through Miami.
Miami 106 New York 98
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013