New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets Picks
- Updated: December 11, 2012
Date/Time: December 11th, 8:00 pm EST
Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Pick ‘Em
NBA Betting Trends
New York Knicks
- New York is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- New York is 7-2-1 ATS in its last 10 games when playing on the road against Brooklyn
- New York is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games when playing on the road against Brooklyn
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of New York’s last 7 games when playing on the road against Brooklyn
- Brooklyn is 2-7-1 ATS in its last 10 games when playing at home against New York
- Brooklyn is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games when playing at home against New York
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Brooklyn’s last 7 games when playing at home against New York
- Brooklyn is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing New York
NBA – December 11th
Two of the arch rivals of NBA betting action are going to meet on Tuesday night at the Barclays Center, as the Brooklyn Nets take on the best team in the Eastern Conference to date, the New York Knicks.
New York has won 15 of its first 20 games this year, and it is a team that has a heck of a lot to gain by coming on the road and winning this one. It would be a huge boost for the Atlantic Division leaders for sure. The big question is whether two of the big men for the Knicks are going to be playing in this one. F Rasheed Wallace and C Marcus Camby, both of which are forces off of the bench, have foot injuries that have them listed as questionable for Tuesday’s duel. However, it’s the fact that F Carmelo Anthony is back in the lineup that really makes the difference. Anthony is arguably the league’s MVP through the first quarter of the season. He ranks third in the NBA in scoring at 26.8 points per game, and he is also a beast on the glass with 6.7 rebounds per game. Melo knocks down 43.0 percent of his three point shots, and he is one of the many that can really stroke it from long range. G Raymond Felton, G JR Smith, G Jason Kidd, and F Steve Novak can all go on personal runs with two or three triples in a row to take over a game in a hurry. That’s what’s really making this team so dangerous right now. As a team, New York is shooting 40.5 percent from beyond the arc.
Brooklyn has a win this year over the Knicks already, but it is going to have a real problem if C Brook Lopez is going to miss this game. Lopez scored 22 points and had 11 boards when these two met earlier this year, and he was the leading scorer for the Nets and the second leading rebounder. If not for Lopez, F Reggie Evans, who did have 14 boards in that first meeting against New York, will be forced into the starting lineup, and F Kris Humphries will need to do more in the way of scoring. G Joe Johnson and G Deron Williams are taking over in the backcourt though, and they could easily put together a great game against anyone in the league.
Still, this is a New York team that has all sorts of potential this year. The Knicks are going to remember this beating that they took a few weeks ago here at the Barclays Center, and they’ll get the job done more often than not in this one. New York 98 – Brooklyn 90