New York Jets vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Free NFL Pick
- Updated: September 15, 2012
New York Jets
Date/Time: September 16, 4:05 pm EST
NFL Odds from Bookmaker
Point Spread: Steelers -5
NFL Betting Game Trends
New York Jets
- NY Jets are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of the NY Jets last 7 games
- NY Jets are 2-7 SU in their last 9 games on the road
- NY Jets are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 16 of the NY Jets last 20 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Pittsburgh’s last 8 games
- Pittsburgh is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games
- Pittsburgh is 10-1 SU in its last 11 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games at home
NFL Pick – Week 2
The New York Jets shocked everyone by putting up 48 points in the season opener against Buffalo. Maybe the Jets offense is much better than people thought, or maybe it was just poor competition. The Steelers defense is one of the best in the league, so the Jets will get a major test here. The last four meetings between these two teams have been decided by five points or less.
It has definitely been a media circus around the New York Jets over the past couple years. This offseason was no better when the Jets brought in Tim Tebow and all the discussion on ESPN and other sports networks was about who the Jets starting quarterback would be this year. The fact is the Jets were very close to playing in the Super Bowl a couple years ago, but they took a big step backward last season. What was the reason for that step back? The biggest reason was that Jets could no longer run the ball well and stop the run. They must get back to the basics this year.
In week one, the Jets ran for a solid 118 yards. Mark Sanchez threw for 267 yards and three touchdowns. Rookie Stephen Hill had two touchdown catches. The offense was nicely balanced for at least one week. Even though the Jets won easily, the coaching staff couldn’t have liked the fact that Buffalo ran for 195 yards on just 26 carries. C.J. Spiller torched this Jets defense last week. The Jets cornerbacks are amazing, but the front seven must play better.
Pittsburgh lost their season opener to the Denver Broncos. This time it was Peyton Manning at the helm instead of Tim Tebow when the Steelers fell to the Broncos. Ben Roethlisberger was sacked five times in the season opener. The offensive line continues to be a major question mark for the Steelers. Pittsburgh had just 75 rushing yards on 26 carries last week. Without Rashard Mendenhall, there will be even more on Big Ben’s plate right now. Roethlisberger threw a pick six late in the game that sealed the fate of the Steelers. Overall, the offense didn’t look in sync in the opener.
The Steelers defense wasn’t all that bad against Manning and the Broncos, but they couldn’t come up with key stops in the fourth quarter. Ryan Clark should be back this weekend, which will help the Steelers secondary. James Harrison is listed as questionable for this contest. Pittsburgh’s defense will still be one of the best in the NFL in 2012. The Steelers have an amazing front seven, and they have one of the best play makers in the NFL at safety in the form of Troy Polamalu.
The Jets offense isn’t nearly as good as it looked in week one and I think the Steelers will make that very clear this weekend. Pittsburgh doesn’t have balance on offense right now, and the Jets defense is good against the pass. I like the under.
Steelers 21 Jets 17
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Kyle Hunter’s Top Ten CFB Rankings: #6 Michigan State Spartans - July 6, 2015
- Kyle Hunter’s Top Ten CFB Rankings: #7 Oregon Ducks - July 4, 2015
- Kyle Hunter’s Top Ten CFB Rankings: #8 USC Trojans - July 3, 2015