Nevada at Boise State Odds Pick & Prediction
- 25th Jan 2017
- Admir Aljic
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The top two teams of the MW Conference will finally meet each other this week as Nevada travels to Boise in order to face the Broncos. Nevada is coming off a 76-81 loss against Fresno State last weekend, while Boise State defeated San Jose State on the road last Saturday with 75-65. Game tip-off is scheduled for Wednesday, 9:00 PM ET.
The Wolf Pack haven’t lost two games in a row this season
Last time Nevada (16-4, 5-2) lost two games in a row was in March last year. They’re 14-2 after a loss under coach Eric Musselman. They fell to Fresno State last Saturday in a game that saw four Wolf Pack players score 10+ points (14th time this year). Marcus Marshall led the game in scoring with 25 points. This was the fourth straight game with 25+ points for Marshall and he is hot right now. He has also made at least four treys in eight of the last 10 games (he is fifth in the nation in this segment, 3.8 per game). D.J. Fener added 18 points while sophomores Lindsey Drew and Jordan Caroline added 13 and 10 points respectively. The Wolf Pack’s problem this season continues to be the absence of the contribution from the bench. Against the Bulldogs their starting five scored 74 of 76 total points. Only bench points came from freshman Devearl Ramsey (2).
Besides Marshall who averages 21.7 points per game this year, Cameron Oliver (14.3 ppg); Jordan Caroline (14.0 ppg) and D.J. Fenner (13.6 ppg) are also having good seasons. Caroline and Oliver are averaging 9.6 and 7.4 rebounds per game. Lindsey Drew leads the team in assists per game (5.4). Game against Broncos will be a big test for them and we’ll see how they handle it. The Wolf Pack are scoring 79.9 points per game on a 45.3% shooting from the field and 38.9% shooting from the 3-point line.
The Broncos play for sole possession of first place in conference
The Boise State Broncos (16-4, 5-2) are poised to hit the 20 wins for the fifth consecutive season, and it looks like it’s going to happen. This would be the sixth season for the Broncos to reach that number of victories under coach Leon Rice. On Saturday they have defeated San Jose state with David Wacker leading the team with 17 points and seven rebounds. Chandler Hutchison added 15 points and led the team in rebounding (8). James Reid and Paris Austin also made an impact with 10 and 11 points.
The Broncos allow the fewest treys in the NCAA this season. It will be interesting to see how they’ll cope in this segment against the Wolf Pack team that scores most treys per game in the conference (9.2). Last meeting between these two took place last year when Broncos swept the Wolf Pack 76-57. Boise State outrebounded Nevada 38-31 and similar performance could take place again.
Guard Chandler Hutchison leads the team statistically this year with 17.6 points per game (52.2 field goal percentage). He also averages 8.9 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game. Forward Nick Duncan and guard Paris Austin are also averaging double digit points per match (10.1 and 11.4). The Broncos enter this game scoring 75.1 points per game on a 44.8% shooting from the field and 32.8% shooting from the 3-point line.
Nevada Wolf Pack at Boise State Broncos Game Trends & Prediction
Nevada is 11-9-0 ATS total, 7-6-0 home and 4-3-0 away. They are 11-8-1 against the Over/Under total, 7-5-1 at home and 4-3-0 away.
On the other side, Boise State is 8-8-0 total against the Over/Under, 4-4-0 home and 4-4-0 away. They are 10-6-0 total ATS, 5-3-0 home and 5-3-0 away.
The Wolf Pack is 2-2 against top 100 opponents. I give the advantage to the Broncos as they look a bit sharper at the moment and they play in front of their home crowd. The over was only once in their last 5 meetings, which is why I am favoring the Under in this one.
My Pick: Boise State Broncos
- If you play it properly and maintain proper bankroll management with live betting or in-play wagering, it’s just another way that you can bang the books.
- On the March 29 edition of BangTheBook Radio, host Adam Burke talked some NBA with Philip Rossman-Reich and a lot of golf with Wes Reynolds during our Wednesday Wagering segment.
- Unics Kazan @ Crvena Zvezda mts Date/Time: 03-31-2017, 13:00 EDT Spread: Crvena Zvezda mts -8 Total: +147.5 In the 29th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball and in this game, Crvena Zvezda mts Belgrade (15-13) who are offically qualify into the playoffs with a win tonight, are …
- Olimpia Milano @ Zalgiris Kaunas Date/Time: 03-31-2017, 13:00 EDT Spread: Zalgiris Kaunas -9 Total: +158 In the 29th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball and in this game without any incentine, as both teams are already eliminated from the playoffs, Zalgiris Kaunas (13-15) are hosting EA7 Emporio …
- Fenerbahce @ Real Madrid Date/Time: 03-31-2017, 15:00 EDT Spread: Real Madrid -6.5 Total: +161 In the 29th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball and in this game, two already qualified teams are clashing, when Real Madrid (21-7) are hosting Fenerbahce Istanbul (17-11), who desperately need this win …