Nebraska-Omaha vs. Colorado CBB Free Pick & Preview
- 22nd Nov 2015
- Donald Phillips
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The Colorado Buffaloes (2-1) face the Omaha Mavericks (2-1) at Coors Events Center. The game begins at 2:00 pm ET on Sunday, Nov. 22 and will air on PAC.
The Buffaloes had no trouble getting past Portland 85-63 on Friday. Josh Fortune played a pivotal role, recording 17 points and 14 rebounds to notch his first double-double of the season. The Mavericks, meanwhile, are coming off a 95-89 win against UMKC on Tuesday. Tre’Shawn Thurman claimed his first double-double of the season with 30 points and 11 rebounds.
Colorado is a heavy 16-point favorite in this game and the Over/Under (O/U) is 160 points. For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
Still undefeated Against The Spread (3-0 ATS), the Buffaloes will be looking to extend the streak. An area where the Buffaloes are particularly strong is shot blocking, where they average 6.0 blocks per game, 39th in Division I.
On the other side, it’s hard to argue with the ATS failures of Omaha. The Mavericks are clearly doing something wrong with a 0-1 record ATS to go along with a 2-1 record SU so far. Offensively, they average 86.0 points per game, which is good for 47th in the country. Shifting to the other side of the court, the Mavericks are a terror in the passing lanes, averaging an impressive 10.3 steals per game.
Colorado and Omaha will be facing off for their first head-to-head game in recent seasons.
Predictions: SU Winner – NEOma, ATS Winner – NEOma, O/U – Over
The total has gone OVER in 8 of Colorado’s last 12 games.
Omaha averages 86.0 points per game (ranked 47th). Colorado, on the other hand, allows 71.7 points per game (ranked 188th).
The Omaha Mavericks have a defensive rating of 84.8 (ranked 38th), while the Colorado Buffaloes have an offensive rating of 104.4 (ranked 195th).
The Omaha Mavericks average a field goal percentage of 44.7% this season. The Colorado Buffaloes are a perfect 1-0 in games where opponents have a FG% of 44.7% or greater.
The Colorado Buffaloes average 19.0 three point attempts per game, while the Omaha Mavericks attempt 24.0. When attempting 20 or more three pointers in a game, Colorado has yet to win a game (0-1), while Omaha is an even 1-1.
Colorado ranks 99th in rebounds per game with 41.3 and Omaha ranks 63rd with 43.3 rebounds per game.
Omaha ranks 123rd in offensive rebounds, while Colorado ranks at 53rd in defensive rebounds.
Colorado has forced an average turnover rate of 18.0% this season. In games where its turnover rate is 18.0% or higher, Omaha is an even 1-1.
- Match-up : Seattle Sounders at L.A. Galaxy Date : 4/23/2017 Time : 16:00 EDT Spread : L.A. Galaxy -0.25 Total : 2.5 Goals Reigning MLS Cup winners Seattle Sounders have not made a good start in the 2017 season, and neither have the L.A. Galaxy. Seattle have won just a …
- Match-up : Orlando City at NYCFC Date : 4/23/2017 Time : 13:30 EDT Spread : NYCFC -0.75 Total : 3 Goals Orlando City might have made an excellent start in the 2017 MLS season, but they have played 4 of their 5 matches at home, having won all of them. …
- Match-up : Colorado Rapids at Minnesota United Date : 4/23/2017 Time : 18:00 EDT Spread : Minnesota +0.0 Total : 2.75 Goals Colorado Rapids are the classic example of an MLS team that comes out of mediocrity to make an amazing season, only to return to mediocrity again. After their …
- Match-up : Monaco at Lyon Date : 4/23/2017 Time : 15:15 EDT Spread : Monaco +0.0 Total : 3.25 Goals Next up, we have one more important derby, when Lyon will be playing host to Monaco on Sunday, April 23rd. Lyon are coming off a solid performance mid-week, as they …
- Match-up : Barcelona at Real Madrid Date : 4/23/2017 Time : 14:45 EDT Spread : Real Madrid -0.25 Total : 3.5 Goals It is now time for the most important derby of the season in Spain, when Real Madrid will be hosting Barcelona on Sunday, April 23rd, for the El …