NBA Betting: Who Absolutely, Positively Has to Win on Tuesday?
- 14th Apr 2015
- Charles Jay
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
Now it gets a little exciting, doesn’t it? We are essentially at the close of the NBA regular season. and you can hardly say that everything is decided. The fact is, there are decidedly many things NOT decided, and Tuesday’s trio of games will go a long way toward determining some playoff positioning.
Vietbet customers can see that the Boston Celtics are in control of their own destiny as they take on the Toronto Raptors at the TD Garden. A victory here would sew up a playoff spot for the Celts with a game left, and if that happens, considering the injuries they have had (namely to Jared Sullinger) as well as the trade of Rajon Rondo, you’ve got to all of a sudden put young Brad Stevens, who did such a miraculous job at Butler, in the running for some coach of the year talk; that is, if you are really talking seriously.
The Raptors are duking it out with the Chicago Bulls for the #3 spot in the East. At 48-32, and with a game tomorrow night against Charlotte, they are a half-game behind the Bulls, who have to face off against the East-leading Atlanta Hawks in Wednesday’s season finale.
Tuesday night’s game, the Raptors are 1.5-point favorites on the road, with the total at 208.5 points as it has been established at Vietbet.
If you want to talk about a team that absolutely has to win, however, that’s the Indiana Pacers, who cannot get to the playoffs if they tie the Brooklyn Nets for the eighth position, because the Nets have the tiebreaker advantage. That means it is absently critical that they win on Tuesday against the Washington Wizards, who have been victors in five of their last six games. Indiana has been on a bit of a roll, winning five straight contests, and that coincides with the return to action of Paul George. They had been pointing toward exactly this moment as they figured that George would be just to the addition they needed to make some noise in the post-season. And so now is their chance. The Pacers are favored by 9.5 points in the NBA odds established at Vietbet, with a total of 192 points.
This is a motivated Washington team, because they lost to the Pacers in six games in last year’s East semi-finals, so they have players who are talking about payback. Bradley Beal has spoken about this having the atmosphere of a playoff game, and there is no indication at the moment that coach Randy Wittman is going to sit him down, or John Wall for that matter, to the game against the Pacers. On top of that, Indiana won in the final seconds the last time these two teams played – at the Verizon Center – on March 25. So don’t expect a cakewalk for Indiana here, despite their level of desperation.
Out west, the Los Angeles Clippers are 10-point favorites at Vietbet while visiting the Phoenix Suns, and the story remains the same in the Western Conference, in the sense that there are three teams all tied up for the #2 position, at 55-26, and they have to wait until the dust clears tomorrow to determine who is going to play who in the first round. Memphis is already down to sixth place in the conference. That’s how crazy it has become.
Vietbet has all you need to be a winner in the NBA playoffs this season, with reduced juice wagering and Dynamic Lines, so that you never miss a move. Remember that Live Betting Extra provides wagering on the side, total and props while the game’s progress!
- Venezia @ Caserta Date/Time: 03-26-2017, 07:00 EDT Spread: Caserta +3 Total: +149.5 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, JuveCaserta Basket (sometimes spelled Juve Caserta Basket), also known as Pasta Reggia Caserta, hosts Reyer Venezia Mestre, or …
- Sassari @ Cremona Date/Time: 03-26-2017, 12:00 EDT Spread: Cremona +0.5 Total: +148 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, Guerino Vanoli Basket (also known as Vanoli Cremona), hosts Dinamo Basket Sassari, currently known as Dinamo Banco di …
- Pesaro @ Trento Date/Time: 03-26-2017, 13:15 EDT Spread: Trento -12 Total: +148.5 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, Aquila Basket Trento (also known as Dolomiti Energia Trento), hosts Victoria Libertas (also known as “VL” or in …
- Olimpia Milano @ Pistoia Date/Time: 03-26-2017, 13:15 EDT Spread: Pistoia +5 Total: +154.5 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, Pistoia Basket 2000 (also known as Giorgio Tesi Group Pistoia), hosts Pallacanestro Olimpia Milano (also known as …
- Capo d’Orlando @ Varese Date/Time: 03-26-2017, 12:30 EDT Spread: Varese -3 Total: +147 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, Pallacanestro Varese (also known as Openjobmetis Varese), hosts Orlandina Basket (also known as Betaland Capo d’Orlando) on …