Monmouth at Cornell College Basketball Pick
- 23rd Dec 2015
- Aaron Ryan
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The Cornell Big Red (5-5) will be at home when they face the Monmouth Hawks (8-3). Action begins at 6:00 pm ET on Wednesday, Dec. 23.
The Big Red are hoping to rebound after their 67-46 loss to Syracuse on Saturday. Darryl Smith had a good outing, recording seven points, four assists, and two rebounds for Cornell. The Hawks, meanwhile, are coming off a 73-67 win against Rutgers on Sunday. Chris Brady played well for Monmouth, accounting for nine points, 10 rebounds, and one assist.
Monmouth is favored by 11 points over Cornell and the Over/Under (O/U) is sitting at 146 points.
For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
The Big Red have gone 5-5 Straight Up (SU) and 1-4 Against The Spread (ATS). Cornell will look to take advantage of the Hawks and their propensity to foul. Monmouth ranks 334th in the nation in fouls, averaging 22.9 per game.
In the other locker room, the Hawks have 8-3 SU and 7-3 ATS records. The Hawks convert their free throws at a high percentage, leading the nation at .799. Shifting to the other side of the court, the Hawks have one of the best opponent field-goal percentages in the nation at .387. Defensive rebounding is an area where Monmouth has excelled. The Hawks average 25.5 defensive rebounds per game, making them one of the best in the nation.
This game will be the first meeting for Cornell and Monmouth in recent seasons.
Predictions: SU Winner – Monm, ATS Winner – Monm, O/U – Over
Monmouth is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road.
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Monmouth’s last 9 games on the road.
In its last game, Cornell lost by a margin of 21 points. Monmouth is 1-0 in games decided by a margin of 18 points or more. Cornell has a 2-4 record in blowouts.
Cornell has an average field goal percentage of 42.7%. Monmouth is a losing 1-3 when opponents have a similar or higher field goal percentage.
The Cornell Big Red and the Monmouth Hawks both rank higher in average effective field goal percentage when compared to their field goal percentages. Cornell is 231st and 167th in the nation for FG% and eFG% respectively, while Monmouth is 241st and 215th in these categories.
Monmouth, the 89th-ranked team in blocked shots, registers an average of 4.5 per game. Cornell does worse, ranked 168th with 3.5.
The Cornell Big Red make an average of 7.5 steals per game. When the Monmouth Hawks allow 7 or more steals, they are a winning 2-1.
- If you play it properly and maintain proper bankroll management with live betting or in-play wagering, it’s just another way that you can bang the books.
- On the March 29 edition of BangTheBook Radio, host Adam Burke talked some NBA with Philip Rossman-Reich and a lot of golf with Wes Reynolds during our Wednesday Wagering segment.
- Unics Kazan @ Crvena Zvezda mts Date/Time: 03-31-2017, 13:00 EDT Spread: Crvena Zvezda mts -8 Total: +147.5 In the 29th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball and in this game, Crvena Zvezda mts Belgrade (15-13) who are offically qualify into the playoffs with a win tonight, are …
- Olimpia Milano @ Zalgiris Kaunas Date/Time: 03-31-2017, 13:00 EDT Spread: Zalgiris Kaunas -9 Total: +158 In the 29th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball and in this game without any incentine, as both teams are already eliminated from the playoffs, Zalgiris Kaunas (13-15) are hosting EA7 Emporio …
- Fenerbahce @ Real Madrid Date/Time: 03-31-2017, 15:00 EDT Spread: Real Madrid -6.5 Total: +161 In the 29th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball and in this game, two already qualified teams are clashing, when Real Madrid (21-7) are hosting Fenerbahce Istanbul (17-11), who desperately need this win …