MLS Prediction: Montreal Impact at Philadelphia Union
- 21st Apr 2017
- Pavlos Laguretos
Last Updated: 2017-04-21
Match-up : Montreal Impact at Philadelphia Union
Date : 4/22/2017
Time : 13:00 EDT
Spread : Montreal +0.5
Total : 2.75 Goals
Two teams that have made a bad start in the 2017 MLS season will be looking to put their season back on track, when Philadelphia Union will be playing host to Montreal Impact on Saturday, April 22nd. Philadelphia Union are still win-less after 6 matches so far, while Montreal haven’t made a much better start, as they have won just one of their 6 matches so far.
Philadelphia Union (0-4-2) will be looking for their first win of the season when they host Montreal, as they are coming off 4 consecutive losses. In their most recent match, they could only match NYCFC for the first half but eventually fell short at the second, as they lost by 2-0 at home. That was their 2nd consecutive loss at home, as prior to that they had lost to the Timbers by 3-1, despite the fact that they had taken the lead. Philadelphia have shown severe defensive issues so far, as despite the goal-less draw against Vancouver in the premiere, they have conceded at least two goals in their 5 matches ever since. They are now sitting at the bottom spot of the Eastern Conference with just a couple of points, having scored 5 goals against 11 conceded, which of course is the worst defense in the conference. This will be their 4th match at home (0-2-1), where they have scored just 3 goals against 7 conceded. They will be coming into this match with a handful of absences, as McCarthy, Edu, Tribbett and Yaro are all injured, while Creavalle is still listed as questionable to participate.
On the other hand, Montreal (1-2-3) are coming into this match after just having recorded their first win of the season in their 6th match so far. However, they needed tons of luck, as they were hosting Atlanta United, who took the lead at the 40th minute. However, they were left with 10 men at the stoppage time of the first half, enabling Piatti to pull even from the penalty spot. Montreal pushed hard at the second half, but they only managed to score the winning goal at the 3rd minute of stoppage time for the final 1-2. That was Montreal’s first win of the season just as we predicted, and our usual readers should be feeling really good for that bet. Montreal are now sitting at the 10th spot of the Eastern Conference with 6 points, having scored 7 goals against 9 conceded. They had a very tough schedule on the road so far (0-2-2), as they have lost to San Jose and the Galaxy, while they have held NYCFC and Chicago to draws already. They will be coming into this match with just a few absences, as Shome, Cabrera and Romero are still unavailable due to injuries.
Montreal slightly have the upper hand in the match-up (5-3-5), but they have yet to win in Philadelphia after 6 trips (0-2-4). However, they have only failed to score once in that span. Considering the fact that neither of these two teams has a solid defense, I think that we will see goals from both sides here, and quite possibly an Over 2.5 in Goals.
Prediction : Both Teams to Score (-153).
- Anadolu Efes @ Olympiakos GAME 5 Date/Time: 05-02-2017, 14:00 EST Spread: Olympiakos -7 Total: +145.5 In the only quarterfinal of the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball that went to a Game 5, the series moves back to Greece when the third-seeded Olympiakos Piraeus are hosting the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul in …
- The Eastern Conference NBA Semi-finals game 1 is on schedule for Monday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers face-off the Toronto Raptors. It is a rematch of the last years Eastern Conference finals and the Raptors will try to revenge the last years 4-2 series defeat.
- The NBA Western conference playoffs semi-finals series tips-off on Monday night when the San Antonio Spurs host the Houston Rockets in Game 1.
- Saul Alvarez takes on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 6th in a bout that will be shown on HBO pay-per-view.
- The Orioles visit the Red Sox on Monday, May 1st in the first game of a four-game series with a start time of 7:10 pm Eastern on ESPN.