MLB Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Colorado Rockies
- 04th Jul 2015
- Aaron Ryan
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
Patrick Corbin (first start) and David Hale (2-3, 5.95 ERA) take the hill in the third of a four-game series between the Arizona Diamondbacks (39-41) and the Colorado Rockies (34-46) at Chase Field. The Diamondbacks won the last game 4-3 and Arizona leads the series 2-0. Action begins at 10:10 p.m. ET on Saturday, Jul. 4 and can be seen on ROOT-RM, FSN-AZ and MLB Net.
Corbin is making his first start since returning from Tommy John surgery. Paul Goldschmidt (.354, 57 Rs, 20 HRs, 66 RBIs, 15 SBs) had another good game yesterday, going 2 for 4 with one run and one RBI. Hale is 0-0 with an 11.81 ERA against the Diamondbacks in his career. He is up against a quality Arizona offense that’s batting .263. Troy Tulowitzki (.320, 41 Rs, 8 HRs, 41 RBIs) went 1 for 3 yesterday with one run.
Arizona is a -148 favorite against Colorado and the Over/Under (O/U) for this game is sitting at nine runs. The Diamondbacks have an overall money line of +49 and a record as the favorite of 13-13. Within its division, Arizona has a 7-6 record as favorite and a 22-22 record SU. The Diamondbacks have no trouble scoring as they lead the NL in offense with 4.5 runs per game. The Diamondbacks are one of the best in the NL in terms of hits with an impressive 9.1 per game. Arizona is one of the best in the MLB in terms of steals, swiping 72 bases.
In games where it is the underdog, Colorado has a 27-31 record and an overall money line of -729. They have played poorly as the underdog with a 14-18 record against teams in their division, and a 4-6 record SU. Offensively, they average 4.4 runs per game, which is good for second in the NL. The Rockies are tough outs for opponents, ranking third in the NL with 9.1 hits per game. The Rockies allow 5.1 runs per game, but does worse whenever another team from the NL West Division is on the schedule. They bring that runs allowed average up to 6.1 against division foes.
The Diamondbacks have controlled the season series, 7-3. The Diamondbacks have a 29-30 record against right-handed starting pitchers on the year, which is what they’ll be facing when Hale takes the mound. Webster (RHP) will be on the hill against the Rockies, who have a 31-34 record against right-handed starting pitchers.
Predictions: SU Winner – ARI, O/U – Over
The Rockies are struggling at 16-26 in their division, while the Diamondbacks sit at 23-22.
When leading after 7 innings, Arizona is 14-10, while Colorado is 16-19.
The Diamondbacks are coming off of a hot pitching game where they recorded 10 strikeouts. The Rockies have a record of 9-15 when they are struck out that many times or more.
It looks like the Diamondbacks have a slight leg up on the Rockies, as the Diamondbacks have won their last two games while the Rockies have lost their last three.
When they outhit their opponents, the Diamondbacks are 26-9. The Rockies have a 25-6 record when outhitting opponents.
Ranking seventh in runs, Colorado has earned 352 this season. Arizona ranks fifth with 363 runs.
Ranking 27th, Colorado is near the bottom of the league in walks, notching 186 this season. Arizona ranks in the top 10 at 10th with 245.
When the Diamondbacks hit at least one home run, they are 27-16. When the Rockies hit at least one homer, they have a 30-24 record.
- The Miami Heat will start their three-game road trip in Boston where they will matchup with the Celtics on Sunday afternoon.
- The Rangers visit the Ducks on Sunday, March 26th with a start time of 9 pm Eastern.
- The Thunder visit the Rockets on Sunday, March 26th with a start time of 3:30 pm Eastern on ABC.
- Venezia @ Caserta Date/Time: 03-26-2017, 07:00 EDT Spread: Caserta +3 Total: +149.5 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, JuveCaserta Basket (sometimes spelled Juve Caserta Basket), also known as Pasta Reggia Caserta, hosts Reyer Venezia Mestre, or …
- Sassari @ Cremona Date/Time: 03-26-2017, 12:00 EDT Spread: Cremona +0.5 Total: +148 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, Guerino Vanoli Basket (also known as Vanoli Cremona), hosts Dinamo Basket Sassari, currently known as Dinamo Banco di …