MLB Betting: Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Colorado Rockies
- 02nd Jul 2015
- Aaron Ryan
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
Chris Rusin (3-2, 4.69 ERA) and the Colorado Rockies (34-44) are in Arizona to go up against Jeremy Hellickson (5-5, 5.38 ERA) and the Diamondbacks (37-41) in a game that could have plenty of offense. This is the first of a four-game series at Chase Field. The game gets underway at 9:40 p.m. ET on Thursday, Jul. 2 and will air on ROOT-RM and FSN-AZ.
In his most recent outing, Hellickson pitched 5.1 innings, giving up seven runs, striking out eight and walking one in a 7-2 loss to the Padres. A.J. Pollock (.300, 50 Rs, 9 HRs, 35 RBIs, 16 SBs) played well again yesterday, going 3 for 4 with one run. In his career against the Diamondbacks, Rusin is 2-0 with a 2.70 ERA. He gets a solid Arizona offense that’s batting .261. Troy Tulowitzki (.320, 40 Rs, 8 HRs, 41 RBIs) went 1 for 4 yesterday.
Arizona, a -137 favorite, will look to capitalize at home against Colorado. The Over/Under (O/U) for the matchup is nine runs. The Diamondbacks are 12-13 as the favorite and have an overall money line of +49. They have struggled as the favorite over their last 10 games, going 0-3. The Diamondbacks have the most prolific offense in the entire NL, averaging 4.5 runs per game. The Diamondbacks are a stellar hitting team with 9.1 hits per game, one of the highest marks in the NL. The Diamondbacks are a nightmare for opponents on the bases with 72 steals, one of the highest totals in baseball. Arizona’s pitching staff has fallen apart in the past 10 games. Its average runs allowed per game rose to 6.0 during that span, compared to its 4.6 season average.
Across the field, the Rockies have a record of 27-30 when they are the underdog and are -629 overall with the money line. Against divisional opponents, they are 16-24 SU and have played poorly as the underdog with a 14-17 record. They sport the second-ranked offense in the NL, averaging 4.5 runs per game. One of the top hitting teams in the NL are the Rockies, who average 9.2 hits per game. Playing against NL West foes really brings the worst out of the Colorado pitchers. They allow 6.0 runs per game against teams within their division, which is higher than their season average of 5.1.
The Diamondbacks have mostly come out on top against the Rockies in their previous eight games this season, earning a 5-3 record. This game will feature Rusin (LHP) on the mound against the Diamondbacks, who have an 8-10 record when they take on a left-handed starter. The right-handed Hellickson will take the mound against the Rockies, who have a 31-33 record against righty starters this season.
Predictions: SU Winner – ARI, O/U – Over
The Diamondbacks hold a 21-22 record this season against teams in the NL West Division. The Rockies’ record in these matchups is 16-24.
The Diamondbacks are 4-5 in games that go into extra innings. Meanwhile, the Rockies are 1-4 in such matchups.
Having scored one run in their last game, the Rockies are going to have to up their game if they want to win this matchup. The Diamondbacks have an 11-1 record in games where opponents scored that many runs or fewer.
When they outhit their opponents, the Diamondbacks are 24-9. The Rockies have a 25-6 record when outhitting opponents.
Both falling in the top 10 of the league based on total runs this season, Arizona ranks sixth with 351 runs and Colorado is seventh with 348.
Ranking 25th, Colorado is near the bottom of the league in walks, notching 183 this season. Arizona ranks in the top half at 11th with 237.
When the Diamondbacks hit at least one home run, they are 26-16. When the Rockies hit at least one homer, they have a 30-23 record.
- Tecnyconta Zaragoza @ Tenerife Date/Time: 04-02-2017, 06:30 EDT Spread: Tenerife -8.5 Total: +156.5 It is the 26th week of action in the Spanish Basketball League (ACB or Liga Endesa) and in this game, Club Cantera Base 1939 Canarias (also known as Iberostar Tenerife) are hosting Basket Zaragoza 2002 (also known …
- Real Madrid @ Fuenlabrada Date/Time: 04-02-2017, 12:30 EDT Spread: Fuenlabrada +9 Total: +163.5 It is the 26th week of action in the Spanish Basketball League (ACB or Liga Endesa) and in this game,Baloncesto Fuenlabrada (also known as Montakit Fuenlabrada) are hosting the defending champions of Real Madrid on Sunday, April …
- Real Betis @ Baskonia Date/Time: 04-02-2017, 06:30 EDT Spread: Baskonia -12 Total: +160.5 It is the 26th week of action in the Spanish Basketball League (ACB or Liga Endesa) and in this game, Club Deportivo Saski-Baskonia, commonly known as Saski Baskonia or simply as Baskonia are hosting Real Betis Energia …
- Obradoiro CAB @ Joventut Badalona Date/Time: 04-02-2017, 06:30 EDT Spread: Joventut Badalona -7 Total: +156.5 It is the 26th week of action in the Spanish Basketball League (ACB or Liga Endesa) and in this game, Club Joventut de Badalona (also known as Divina Seguros Joventut) are hosting Obradoiro Clube de …
- Estudiantes @ MoraBanc Andorra Date/Time: 04-02-2017, 06:30 EDT Spread: MoraBanc Andorra -7.5 Total: +162 It is the 26th week of action in the Spanish Basketball League (ACB or Liga Endesa) and in this game, Basquet Club Andorra (also known as MoraBanc Andorra) are hosting Club Estudiantes (also known as Movistar …