Michigan vs. Ohio State Picks
- Updated: November 23, 2012
College Football Picks
Date/Time: November 24th, 12:00 pm EST
College Football Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Ohio State -4
Football Betting Game Trends
- Michigan is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing Ohio State
- Michigan is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Ohio State
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Michigan’s last 7 games when playing on the road against Ohio State
- Michigan is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Ohio State
Ohio State Buckeyes
- Ohio State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Michigan
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Ohio State’s last 7 games when playing at home against Michigan
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Ohio State’s last 9 games when playing Michigan
- Ohio State is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing Michigan
NCAA Football – Week 13
It’s a clash of the “team up north” and the team named “Ohio” on Saturday in college football betting action, as the rival Ohio State Buckeyes and the Michigan Wolverines at the Big House.
The Wolverines have a heck of a lot on the line in this one, as there is a real chance that they are going to be in a BCS bowl game if they can win this game now that the Texas Longhorns are out of the way. In the event that this game is won and a few others end up getting beaten, Michigan is going to be in either the Sugar Bowl or the Fiesta Bowl. There’s a real question though, as to how good this team really is. The squad has won three in a row and covered two out of three, scoring at least 35 points in all three games. With QB Denard Robinson not really doing much for the team any longer and RB Fitzgerald Toussaint out for the year, there isn’t much in the way of offense that is still available. QB Devin Gardner has thrown for 834 yards and seven TDs against three picks, and he has 105 yards and six TDs on the ground.
Ohio State might not have a bowl game on the line, and this is the last game of the team’s season, but there is still a heck of a lot that is out there to play for. The Buckeyes will wrap up an undefeated season with a win, and they’ll be in line for potentially a split National Championship if the Notre Dame Fighting Irish end up losing somewhere along the way. Maybe just as important is the fact that QB Braxton Mille could still be in line for the Heisman Trophy. It doesn’t seem all that likely that he is going to be able to get the job done, but he could be a finalist. Statistically speaking, he has done everything right, throwing for 1,850 yards and 14 TDs against six picks and rushing for 1,214 yards and 13 TDs. The Ohio State defense has been solid, allowing no more than 23 points in four straight games.
The Buckeyes are probably on comparable terms with the Wolverines, and the oddsmakers are suggesting just that. However, there are a lot that think that the Bucks are just going to roll in this game, but instead, we think that the allure of the BCS bowl game is going to be too much for the Buckeyes to get the job done. Go with Big Blue to win this big time game. Michigan 31 – Ohio State 26