Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Free NBA Pick
- Updated: January 31, 2013
Date/Time: Thursday, Jan.31, 8 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Oklahoma City -8
NBA Betting Trends
- Memphis is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Memphis’s last 13 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Memphis’s last 6 games when playing Oklahoma City
- Memphis is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Oklahoma City
- Memphis is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games on the road
Oklahoma City Thunder
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Oklahoma City’s last 13 games when playing at home against Memphis
- Oklahoma City is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Memphis
- Oklahoma City is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Memphis
- Oklahoma City is 15-1 SU in its last 16 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Oklahoma City’s last 6 games when playing Memphis
The Grizzlies continue to try and keep pace with the top teams in the Western Conference but a 5-5 record in their last 10 games has them 29-15 straight-up on the year and 5.5 games out of the No.1 spot. They have gone 3-1 against the spread in their last four games to improve to 26-17-1 ATS overall. Memphis is 12-8 both SU and ATS on the road and the total has stayed UNDER in six of their last nine games overall.
Amidst persistent trade rumors surrounding its top scorer Rudy Gay, Memphis will have to put these distractions on the back burner to get back to its winning ways. While the Grizzlies are not known for lighting-up the scoreboard, they remain the top defensive team in the league in points allowed (89.5). They are averaging 93.4 points a game while shooting 43.7 percent from the field. In addition to Gay’s 17.2 points a game, Zach Randolph is averaging 15.8 points and Marc Gasol is chipping-in another 13.7 points a game.
Oklahoma City remains one of the top teams in the West at 34-11 SU (26-17-2 ATS) but it is just 2-3 in its last five games. The only good news from this slide is that all these games were played on the road and the Thunder return home for this contest where they are 19-3 SU (14-8 ATS) this season. The total has stayed UNDER in their last three games.
While the road has not been kind as of late, the Thunder have just one loss both SU and ATS in their last five games at home. They also remain the NBA’s highest scoring team with 105.7 points a game behind the dynamic scoring duo of Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook. Durant leads the league in scoring with 29.6 points a game and Westbrook is adding 22.5 points and a team-high 8.4 assists. Another major plus has been Kevin Martin off the bench with 15.1 points while averaging close to 30 minutes a game.
This matchup pits the best defense in the league verse its top scoring offense, but the edge clearly lies with the Thunder. They are coming off a grueling stretch in which they played nine of their last 10 games on the road. Look for a very warm reception from the home-town fans as Oklahoma City rolls in this one.
Oklahoma City 101 Memphis 90
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013