Massachusetts at La Salle Free CBB Pick
- 03rd Jan 2016
- Aaron Ryan
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
A defensive struggle can be expected from the La Salle Explorers (4-6) and Massachusetts Minutemen (7-5) when two of the Atlantic 10’s top scoring defenses battle it out at Tom Gola Arena. The game starts at 5:00 pm ET on Sunday, Jan. 3 and will air on NBS.
The Explorers lost to FGCU 86-77 on Thursday. Cleon Roberts was the game’s high scorer, contributing 30 points. The Minutemen are coming off an 83-79 win over LIU Brooklyn on Tuesday. Donte Clark stood out for Massachusetts, posting 21 points, six rebounds, and six assists.
La Salle is a slight underdog, with Massachusetts favored by two. The Over/Under (O/U) is set at 152 points.
For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
The Explorers are looking to improve on their records of 4-6 Straight Up (SU) and 1-6 Against The Spread (ATS). The Explorers have limited opponents’ efforts from beyond the arc, allowing 6.0 three-pointers made per game. The Explorers are the 26th-best team in the country at taking the ball away from their opponents, averaging 8.5 steals per game.
Across the court, Massachusetts has a SU record of 7-5 and an ATS record of 2-4. Teams don’t seem to hit many three-pointers against the Minutemen, who are 27th in the country in terms of three-point field goals allowed at 72 this season.
This is the first meeting of the season for La Salle and Massachusetts. The last time they played, La Salle came out on top, taking the head-to-head record to an even 5-5 SU over their most recent meetings. The teams also have an even 5-5 record ATS in the most recent meetings. Massachusetts held the edge in field goals, rebounds, and three-pointers twice in the last five game, while La Salle wasn’t able to do so in that span.
Predictions: SU Winner – UMass, ATS Winner – UMass, O/U – Over
Massachusetts is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games on the road.
Massachusetts is 2-5-1 ATS in its last 8 games when playing on the road against La Salle.
Massachusetts is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against La Salle.
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Massachusetts’s last 7 games when playing on the road against La Salle.
The total has gone OVER in 5 of La Salle’s last 7 games when playing at home against Massachusetts.
With 68.7 possessions and .997 points per possession, the La Salle Explorers perform worse on both metrics than the Massachusetts Minutemen. Massachusetts averages 73.8 possessions and 1.079 points per possession.
La Salle has an average effective field goal percentage of 49.7%. Massachusetts is a losing 1-3 when opponents have a similar or higher effective field goal percentage.
The La Salle Explorers average 23.0 three point attempts per game, and the Massachusetts Minutemen attempt 22.0 per game. When going for at least 20 three pointers in a game this season, La Salle is an even 4-4, while Massachusetts has a winning record of 5-3.
Opponents have had an average turnover percentage of 20.1% when playing La Salle this season. Massachusetts is undefeated (1-0) when its TO% is 20.1% or higher.
- Real Madrid @ Olympiakos Date/Time: 03-24-2017, 15:00 EDT Spread: Olympiakos -2 Total: +156.5 In the 28th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball which takes place just two days after the previous round, we have a battle for the first place of the league, as Olympiakos Piraeus (19-8) …
- Galatasaray @ Darussafaka Dogus Date/Time: 03-24-2017, 13:15 EDT Spread: Darussafaka Dogus -8 Total: +154.5 In the 28th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball which takes place just two days after the previous round, we have a do-or-die game for the hosts, as Darussafaka Dogus Istanbul (13-14) welcomes …
- CSKA Moscow @ Unics Kazan Date/Time: 03-24-2017, 12:00 EDT Spread: Unics Kazan +9 Total: +166.5 In the 28th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball which takes place just two days after the previous round, we have a game with one-sided interested as the already eliminated Unics Kazan …
- Crvena Zvezda mts @ Barcelona Date/Time: 03-24-2017, 16:00 EDT Spread: Barcelona -2 Total: +143 In the 28th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball which takes place just two days after the previous round, the already eliminated FC Barcelona Lassa (10-17) are hosting Crvena Zvezda (15-12), who are …
- The 2017 Formula One season gets underway on Sunday with the Australian Grand Prix on NBCSN