Manhattan at Canisius College Basketball Prediction
- 07th Jan 2016
- Donald Phillips
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The Manhattan Jaspers will be at Koessler Athletic Center to face the Canisius Golden Griffins in a Metro Atlantic Athletic matchup. The game starts at 7:00 pm ET on Thursday, Jan. 7 and will air on ES3.
The Golden Griffins fell to Monmouth 81-66 on Monday. Jermaine Crumpton finished with 15 points to lead the team. The Jaspers are coming off a 92-87 win over Siena on Monday. Shane Richards led the team in scoring by posting 21 points on 6-for-12 shooting.
Kassius Robertson has really been playing well as of late for the Golden Griffins, averaging 20.0 points, 3.0 rebounds, 1.0 assist, 1.8 steals, and 3.4 three-pointers over the last five games.
Based on historical performance heading into this one, ball security could play a key role in the matchup. Canisius commits the 27th-fewest miscues in the nation (TO% of 15.5%), while the gambling defense of Manhattan causes the 25th-most (opponents’ TO% of 22.8%).
Canisius is a big 10-point favorite at home and the Over/Under (O/U) for this matchup is set at 154 points.
For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
The Golden Griffins are looking to improve on their records of 7-7 Straight Up (SU) and 5-5-1 Against The Spread (ATS). The Golden Griffins have one of the most prolific offenses in the entire nation, averaging 84.9 points per game. The Golden Griffins are one of the best in Division I in terms of free throws made, making a stellar 20.0 per game. Expect to see a lot of second-chance opportunities for Canisius in this matchup, which is one of the top rebounding teams in the nation with an average of 14.0 offensive boards per game. Few teams in the nation have a higher assist-to-turnover ratio than Canisius, which ranks 43rd at 1.36.
As for their opponent, the Jaspers have records of 4-6 ATS and 5-8 SU. The Jaspers are a terror in the passing lanes, averaging an impressive 8.0 steals per game.
This game marks the season’s first head-to-head clash between Canisius and Manhattan. Their previous game was a Jaspers victory, bringing their SU record in their most recent games to 7-3. With a 7-3 record, the Jaspers also have the advantage ATS. Manhattan held the advantage in field goals, rebounds, and three-pointers twice in the last five matchups. On the other side of the court, Canisius never accomplished this feat in that span.
Predictions: SU Winner – Can, ATS Winner – Can, O/U – Over
Manhattan is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road.
Manhattan is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Canisius.
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Manhattan’s last 9 games when playing on the road against Canisius.
Canisius is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Manhattan.
Canisius is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Manhattan.
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Canisius’s last 9 games when playing at home against Manhattan.
Canisius is one of the top-scoring teams in the nation, averaging 84.9 points per game (ranked 17th). Manhattan, on the other hand, allows 77.2 points per game (ranked 282nd).
Ranked 45th, the Canisius Golden Griffins have an offensive rating of 113.7. The Manhattan Jaspers rank 269th with a defensive rating of just 107.0.
Canisius has an average field goal percentage of 42.1%. Manhattan is a subpar 4-8 when opponents have a similar or higher field goal percentage.
The Canisius Golden Griffins and the Manhattan Jaspers both rank higher in average effective field goal percentage when compared to their field goal percentages. Canisius is 271st and 187th in the nation for FG% and eFG% respectively, while Manhattan is 293rd and 259th in these categories.
Canisius ranks 67th in assists, registering 15.7 per game. Manhattan performs worse at 180th with 13.5 assists per game.
Canisius is one of the best teams in the country when it comes to offensive rebounds, ranking 23rd. Manhattan ranks just 328th in defensive rebounds.
Canisius has forced an average turnover percentage of 20.3% this season. Manhattan has a poor 3-7 record when its TO% is 20.3% or higher.
- Match-up : Colombia at Ecuador Date : 3/28/2017 Time : 17:00 EDT Spread : Ecuador -0.25 Total : 2.25 Goals Next up, we have a very important match in the South American World Cup Qualifiers group, as the 4th placed Colombia will be hosted by the 5th placed Ecuador on …
- Match-up : Paraguay at Brazil Date : 3/28/2017 Time : 20:45 EDT Spread : Brazil -2 Total : 3 Goals Brazil have dominated the CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifier group, as they are cruising at the top spot with 7 points difference ahead of the 2nd. They will be hosting Paraguay …
- Match-up : Argentina at Bolivia Date : 3/28/2017 Time : 16:00 EDT Spread : Argentina -0.5 Total : 2.5 Goals Two teams that are on the opposite sides of the standings are clashing against each other, when Bolivia will be hosting Argentina on Tuesday, March 28th, for the 2018 World …
- Bellator 175 takes place on Friday, March 31 at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois. There are five fights on the main card on Spike TV and 11 fights on the preliminary card on Spike.co
- The San Jose Sharks will try to snap their 6 game losing streak on Tuesday night in an inter-conference matchup against the New York Rangers.