Loyola Marymount at Boise State Free CBB Pick
- 09th Dec 2015
- Gareth Mcknight
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The Boise State Broncos (5-4) will be at home when they play the Loyola Marymount Lions (5-3). The game begins at 9:00 pm ET on Wednesday, Dec. 9.
The Broncos defeated Portland 81-71 on Saturday. Anthony Drmic led all scorers on the team with 24 points on 7-for-15 shooting. The Lions, meanwhile, are coming off a 77-76 win against UC Riverside on Sunday. Munis Tutu played well for Loyola Marymount, registering 13 points, six assists, and three rebounds.
This one isn’t expected to be close when Boise State, a substantial 15-point favorite, takes on Loyola Marymount. The Over/Under (O/U) is sitting at 147 points for this matchup. The Broncos have gone 5-4 Straight Up (SU) and 5-2 Against The Spread (ATS). The Broncos are one of the best in Division I in terms of three-point field goals, making 9.0 shots per game from beyond the arc.
For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
Over on the other bench, Loyola Marymount has a SU record of 5-3 and an ATS record of 4-3. The Lions convert their free throws at a high percentage, ranking ninth in the nation at .779. When it comes to stealing the ball, the Lions are one of the best in the nation with an average of 9.4 steals per game.
This game marks the first time these teams will play this season. The last time these two played, Boise State won, evening up the two teams’ head-to-head record (2-2). However, with a 2-1-1 record, Loyola Marymount has the advantage ATS.
Predictions: SU Winner – LyMnt, ATS Winner – LyMnt, O/U – Over
Loyola Marymount is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games on the road.
Boise State is 13-1 SU in its last 14 games at home.
In its last game, Loyola Marymount won by a margin of one point. Boise State is 0-1 in games decided by a margin of three points or less. Loyola Marymount has a 2-0 record in close games.
The Loyola Marymount Lions average 71.1 possessions per game and 1.046 points per possession. The Boise State Broncos earn fewer possessions with 70.8, but they score more points with 1.140.
Boise State averages an effective field goal percentage of 55.8%. Loyola Marymount has not won a game this season when opponents have a similar or higher effective field goal percentage (0-2).
The Boise State Broncos average 26.0 three point attempts per game, and the Loyola Marymount Lions attempt 24.0 per game. When going for at least 20 three pointers in a game this season, both teams have winning records; Boise State is 5-3 and Loyola Marymount is 5-2.
Boise State ranks 88th in the nation with an assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.23, while Loyola Marymount ranks 63rd with an A/TO of 1.31.
The Loyola Marymount Lions average 9.4 steals per game, ranked 17th in the nation. The Boise State Broncos are an even 1-1 when they give up at least 9 steals.
- Panathinaikos @ Fenerbahce GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-25-2017, 13:45 EST Spread: Fenerbahce -5.5 Total: +144.5 After losing their first two home games in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball quarterfinals, the fourth-seeded Panathinaikos Superfoods Athens, facing possible elimination, are visiting Fenerbahce Istanbul with the series moving to Turkey for the third game …
- CSKA Moscow @ Baskonia GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-25-2017, 15:00 EST Spread: Baskonia +2.5 Total: +168.5 With CSKA Moscow leading 2-0 but with both wins coming much harder than anyone would expect, the series now moves to Spain, when the seventh-seeded Baskonia Vitoria Gasteiz, with their backs against the wall, are …
- Match-up : Southampton at Chelsea Date : 4/25/2017 Time : 14:45 EDT Spread : Southampton +1.25 Total : 2.5 Goals Chelsea are coming into this match after securing their presence at the FA Cup final, after defeating Tottenham by 2-4 at home. They will now be looking to secure their …
- Match-up : Villarreal at Atletico Madrid Date : 4/25/2017 Time : 15:30 EDT Spread : Atletico Madrid -1 Total : 2.5 Goals After qualifying to the Champions League semi-finals, Atletico Madrid returned to their domestic duties with a win against Espanyol. They will now play host to Villarreal on Tuesday, …
- Match-up : Malaga at Granada Date : 4/25/2017 Time : 14:30 EDT Spread : Malaga -0.25 Total : 2.5 Goals Two teams that have struggled throughout the season are now clashing against each other, when Granada will be playing host to Malaga on Tuesday, April 25th. Granada have steadily sat …