Louisiana Lafayette vs North Texas Pick
- Updated: October 15, 2012
College Football Picks
Date/Time: October 16th, 9:00 pm EST
College Football Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Louisiana Lafayette -4
Football Betting Game Trends
Louisiana Lafayette Ragin’ Cajuns
- Louisiana-Lafayette is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Louisiana-Lafayette’s last 8 games on the road
- Louisiana-Lafayette is 3-9 ATS in its last 12 games when playing North Texas
- Louisiana-Lafayette is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing North Texas
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Louisiana-Lafayette’s last 5 games when playing North Texas
North Texas Mean Green
- North Texas is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- North Texas is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- North Texas is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
- North Texas is 6-19 SU in its last 25 games at home
- North Texas is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Louisiana-Lafayette
NCAA Football – Week 8
The first edition of the always odd Tuesday night college football betting action in the Sun Belt starts this week, and the first two teams up are the North Texas Mean Green and the Louisiana Lafayette Ragin’ Cajuns.
The Cajuns are 4-1 right now, and they are looking to get back to a bowl game for the second straight season. They have an offense that can really do some damage. Take out a 65-24 romp at the hands of the Oklahoma State Cowboys in Stillwater, and ULL has at least 37 points in all four of its games this year. QB Blaine Gautier was having a tough start to the year, but breaking two bones in his hand most certainly didn’t help matters any. He has been replaced by former Houston QB Terrance Broadway, who brings to the table a much faster pace to the game. Broadway is a threat with both his arm and his legs, and he has proven it thus far this year. The signal caller has 612 yards and four scores through the air and 135 yards and three TDs on the ground, proving that the offense isn’t losing a beat, and might even be a bit more dynamic with him out there.
It’s not been a good year for the North Texas offense, and it is going to have some problems in this one. The team ranks just 81st in the country in total offense at 380.2 yards per game, and just 19.5 points per game ranks 110th in the land. In fairness to the offense, the LSU Tigers were the first team on the schedule this year, but things just haven’t improved at all. QB Derek Thompson has turned the ball over a ton, including five picks against just six touchdowns. He does have 1,235 passing yards and a solid duo of rushers to work with in RB Brandin Byrd and RB Antoinne Jimmerson. These two have combined for 170 carries, 777 yards, and five trips to the end zone this year. Keep an eye on WR Brelan Chancellor as well, as he has 23 catches, 433 yards, and five scores. The defense is really that of a typical Sun Belt team, as the Mean Green allow 395.3 yards per game and feel a lot worse when you actually see the unit in action.
This has been a massive lopsided series over the course of the last few years, knowing that the Cajuns have picked up five straight wins and are 3-1 ATS in the last four. Don’t expect this one to really be all that close either, as Broadway and the Cajuns should be able to claim a road victory by a relatively comfortable margin. Louisiana Lafayette 38 – North Texas 20