Los Angeles Lakers vs Brooklyn Nets Free NBA Pick
- Updated: February 5, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Brooklyn Nets NBA Picks
Date/Time: Tuesday Feb.5, 7:30 p.m. (ET)
Television: NBA TV
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Chicago -10
NBA Betting Trends
Los Angeles Lakers
- LA Lakers are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Brooklyn
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of the LA Lakers last 5 games when playing on the road against Brooklyn
- LA Lakers are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing Brooklyn
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of the LA Lakers last 5 games when playing Brooklyn
- LA Lakers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games when playing Brooklyn
- Brooklyn is 0-5 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against LA Lakers
- Brooklyn is 1-6-1 ATS in their last 8 games when playing at home against LA Lakers
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Brooklyn’s last 5 games when playing at home against LA Lakers
- Brooklyn is 0-5 SU in their last 5 games when playing LA Lakers
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Brooklyn’s last 5 games when playing LA Lakers
It is getting to be crunch time for the Lakers if they are going to have any shot at making the playoffs this season. At 22-26 straight-up, they are still 3.5 games out of the eighth and final spot in the Western Conference. LA comes into this matchup fresh off of back-to-back road victories over Minnesota and Detroit; however it is still just 5-5 SU in its last 10 games and 7-16 SU on the road this season. It is 19-28-1 against the spread and the total has stayed UNDER in four of its last six games.
Dwight Howard remains out of the Lakers’ lineup with a sore shoulder, but the team could also be without Metta World Peace, who is facing a possible one-game suspension from the league for an altercation in Sunday’s win over the Pistons. Despite averaging 27.7 points a game, if the weight of winning this game ends up falling squarely on Kobe Bryant’s shoulders, it could be another long night for LA fans.
Brooklyn remains in hot pursuit of the New York Knicks for the Atlantic Division title with an overall record of 28-19 that has is 3.5 games in back of its city rivals. The Nets have gone 2-3 in their last five games but are coming off a 93-89 victory over Chicago this past Friday as five-point home favorites. They have failed to cover in four of their last five games to fall to 21-23-3 ATS on the year. The total has stayed UNDER in five of their last eight games.
This team has some player personnel concerns of its own with Deron Williams dealing with an ankle injury. He is listed as probable for Monday night but both CJ Watson and Jerry Stackhouse remain questionable. The loss of Williams would be big, but just as Brooklyn has done all season long, it will rely on a smothering defense to try and win this game. The Nets are only averaging 95.8 points a game, but they are ranked fifth in the league in points allowed; giving-up an average of 94.5 a game.
Free NBA Pick
The Lakers have struggled with consistency all season long, especially of the road. Beating Minnesota and Detroit on the road is one thing, but coming into the Barclays Center to get a win against a team that 18-8 SU at home is another. Stick with the Nets to win this game, but bet on the Lakers to put on a good enough show to cover with the 10 points.
Brooklyn 97 Los Angeles 94
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013